steering shroud ignition light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• steering shroud ignition light

hi everyone.. i' m new to this forum.. just had a quick browse and its really interesting...

i would like to ask a question if you dont mind.. my dad has a 2wd hilux and recently we bought some parts off a 93 surf..they all fit and work perfectly, however we tried to connect the steering shroud ignition light but we could not figure out how to connect it.. has it got a relay? where is it located if yes and i guess i would need some wiring to connect to the plug on the shroud? thanks for your help and sorry for the long post but we are really lost on this one..

Don't think it's on a relay, but it does have a timer. No idea how to wire it though. Someone will be along soon to help.

Where in Malta are you?

Oh, welcome to the nut house and beware the Squirrel
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

hi..the place is called qormi..it has 20.000 inhabitants and one of the largest on the island..so you can imagine how large malta is lol.

thanks for your help.. i will enjoy my stay on this forum..

Comment

Hi,

Welcome to the forum, make yourself at home

Trev

Ps I'm THE squirrel
        Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by turbid View Post
          hi..the place is called qormi..it has 20.000 inhabitants and one of the largest on the island..so you can imagine how large malta is lol.

thanks for your help.. i will enjoy my stay on this forum..
          Been to Malta a few times, usually stay in Qawra. Qormi, that's where most of the bread is made?
          Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

No idea offhand, but the schematics are up here somewhere:

http://forums.bauchan.org/portal/downloads.php

Comment

All I know is it operates in conjunction with the door switches and is also on some sort of timer. On when door opened and off after a time delay when door is shut. I don't know the location of the timer except to say it's somewher behind the dash and possibly above the fuse box. Your 2WD probably does not have this so you may need to source the timer or whatever else is needed from a Surf. I'll see if I can find a part number or info in the EPC.

Nev

Comment

yep that s the place albannach...thanks Nev that would be very helpful... i bought these parts off a surf however not all the ancillaries were sent for the steering shroud, just the shroud and the plug where it attaches to some wiring/timers etc..

thanks for your help guys.. i ll have a look in those files as well

Comment

Working...
                X