Headlight lamps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headlight lamps

I just got a new headlight wiring loom from 4crawler (the expensive one), what's your recommendations on which lamps to fit. Are 130w H4s available, if so, what's the chances that Mr plod will pull me for using them?
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

you can get H4s upto about 160w if you look around. 130/90 and 100/80 are readily available. If the lenses or reflectors are plastic i wouldn't want to go much over the 100/80ws the extra heat can actually start to melt the light units themselves. I had 100/80 on an uprated loom with no issues at all on my prefacelift 2nd gen, other than nice bright lights that rendered my spotlights virtually useless.
    =========
    =SOLD UP!=
    =========

Comment

I'm thinking 100/80s are what I'll use, but would stretch to 130s if I can. Are 2nd gen headlamps plastic?

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
        I'm thinking 100/80s are what I'll use, but would stretch to 130s if I can. Are 2nd gen headlamps plastic?
        i think the post facelift ones are, the early square ones as in my avatar are plastic bowls with glass lenses - but daihatsu used the same lights with metal bowls and glass lenses on their small carry type van Glass lenses don't like being dunked in cold water when they're hot from the bulbs though. So it's all swings and rroundabouts.
        =========
        =SOLD UP!=
        =========

Comment

Originally posted by nero279 View Post
          i think the post facelift ones are, the early square ones as in my avatar are plastic bowls with glass lenses - but daihatsu used the same lights with metal bowls and glass lenses on their small carry type van Glass lenses don't like being dunked in cold water when they're hot from the bulbs though. So it's all swings and rroundabouts.
          I'll stick to 100/80s then. Any preferences as to which manufacturers are best?

Comment

i just used the ones in halfords coz they was readily available. Probably find them cheaper elsewhere but I couldn't be bothered to look around or wait for mail order
            =========
            =SOLD UP!=
            =========

Comment

I'm happy with Halfords too, not too far away. Thanks for your help Ian!

Comment

Working...
              X