Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Fog Lamps

Hi Folks, How are you all?

I have yet another problem but this time its to do with the wiring of my new fog lamps, The new lamps have a white wire (from the bulb) and a black which I guess is the earth?
    The problem is my surf has a blue, black and yellow wire! WHich one goes where??? I don't wanna blow anything so I thought id ask the experts!!!

Thank you

Take it easy

Keir

Originally posted by keir&nat
    Hi Folks, How are you all?

I have yet another problem but this time its to do with the wiring of my new fog lamps, The new lamps have a white wire (from the bulb) and a black which I guess is the earth?
    The problem is my surf has a blue, black and yellow wire! WHich one goes where??? I don't wanna blow anything so I thought id ask the experts!!!

Thank you

Take it easy

Keir
    Best thing to do is to get a test lamp from Halfords and test which one comes live when the switch is put on. Don't bother about the earth, connect it to a new earth point somewhere on the body (the mount for the lamp will do if it is connected to a metal part of the car which is connected to the chassis. The standard Toyota wiring is not exactly heavy duty and you will get a much better earth from a local direct connection.

You only need two wires - one from a relay for power (relay switched by the switch in the car) and an earth. You are also correct, the white wire from the bulb is you live feed and should go to a switched live feed (from the relay) and the black wire is your earth.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
    X