Sidelight wire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sidelight wire

I have manage to fudge my way through it and have fitted one of those remote central locking kits off feebay, and I even got it to work!
    But.....I am having trouble trying to get the sidelights to flash with it, basically I cant find the right wire to tap into.
    Am I right in thinking that the eletrical circuits are negative switched?
    With my bulb tester with a the croc clip to a body earth, if I probe about under the steering column I can cause the sidelights to come on without actually switching the switch, effectively shorting to earth, but if I connect the wire from the RCL unit to this wire then nothing happens, so I am thinking I have to tap into the negative side. The RCL is giving out +12v BTW.
    So what wire do I need to find?
    TIA
    Ebay search item 230357761354 !

Green with yellow tracer (right side)and green with black tracer.(left side.)

Comment

Originally posted by Jonny77 View Post
      I have manage to fudge my way through it and have fitted one of those remote central locking kits off feebay, and I even got it to work!
      But.....I am having trouble trying to get the sidelights to flash with it, basically I cant find the right wire to tap into.
      Am I right in thinking that the eletrical circuits are negative switched?
      With my bulb tester with a the croc clip to a body earth, if I probe about under the steering column I can cause the sidelights to come on without actually switching the switch, effectively shorting to earth, but if I connect the wire from the RCL unit to this wire then nothing happens, so I am thinking I have to tap into the negative side. The RCL is giving out +12v BTW.
      So what wire do I need to find?
      TIA
      ive also just bought one of those and after lots of messing around have got the indicators to work on unlock and lock. you have a blue /red which i take goes to the hazard unit,there r two green/? wires a tester will help find the right two u tap in one side of the multiplug on one green /? and on the other side nearest the steering wheel with the other wire then for some reason that i havent found out why the indicators work on lock and unlock hope this helps

Comment

Thanks for the replies, I have tried every wire under the steering wheel now, all without success!
        It should be simple, one wire from unit giving +12v when locked/unlocked, splice it into the sidelight wire - bingo....but no, nothing, I cant work it out, I give up.

Comment

sidelight yokey

don't kick the bucket yet

have you tried locate the wire when the sidelights are turned on or when they are off?

i have an LN106 hilux and the wires seemed to be different to a lot of other trucks.

if you don't have any luck look at the wires coming out of the actual sidelight,at the back of the light,make note of the colours and check under the steering column for the correct colour.

i'll check mine tomorrow evening and see if i can 'elp
          whatcha mean i can't do that?

Comment

How easy are these remote entry things to install? An are they worth it?

Comment

if you can't get it to work mate bring it round and i'll find a way to make it do something, I could play with car electrics all day long, I know a little about them too, so that always helps
              =========
              =SOLD UP!=
              =========

Comment

This help?

http://www.commandocaralarms.com/wir...Toyota/4Runner

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post
                  How easy are these remote entry things to install? An are they worth it?
                  rod they r very easy to install completed mine in roughly 2 hrs i bought mine from rightclick on ebay hardest part was feeding 1 wire through gromit on front door

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post

Finally had another look this weekend and I have sorted it! Connected to a green wire that plugged into the fuse panel.
                    Thanks for your help.

Comment

Working...
                    X