Fixed: Some lights not working.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fixed: Some lights not working.

Ok I have a strange problem (probably my own doing...).

The lights in the dash (gauges/aircon) does not currently turn on when I turn my lights on. The rear lights doesn't turn on either. The stereo works fine and when I break the lights go on.

I've checked all of the fuses that makes sense but I'm not sure where to go from here. The gauges do actually still work as well.

Which fuses would be the ones that specifically controll the lights in the gauge cluster and the break lights when the beams go on?

Thanks!!
    Last edited by Silent Knight; 24 January 2008, 06:41. Reason: Problem has been resolved.

Have ya fitted anything lately ???

There's always a Payback .... Ya just never see it Comin !!!!
    Buncefield Burner

Comment

Yes, I fitted a headunit. During the process I accidentally touched two of the wrong wires and blew the dome fuse which I replaced and that part is all working now.

Is there maybe a relay that controlls just the gauge lights and break lights when the lights go on that might have popped or a fuse that I'm missing somewhere?

Comment

All fixed now.

Problem was I was earthing out some stuff I shouldn't have earthed out. Very strange that none of the 3 different diagrams I used actually showed the correct coloured wiring, or it could just be the owner before me was a twit and had it replaced with NON matching stuff.

Had to earth the White/Black Stripe wire to the Head Unit and replace the TAIL fuse which popped again after I replaced it last night and all is fine now!!

Comment

Glad ya got it sorted Bud..
          It sometimes pays to walk away for a while n come back with fresh

There's always a Payback .... Ya just never see it Comin !!!!
          Buncefield Burner

Comment

Working...
          X