yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3rd Gen hazard warning switch not flashing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3rd Gen hazard warning switch not flashing.

I have a 1996 3rd Gen Hilux Surf. The hazard warning lights come on when the switch is pressed in & it makes the tell-tale sound by the switch but it does not flash, it also does not glow when the main lights are on like the rear window demister switch that is next to it.

So I put a new bulb in the switch & it still doesn't work? My next thought was to replace with a new switch but they are £35. Now thats not cheap especially if it doesn't cure the problem.

It is a bit of a pain when it's dark because you can't see the switch.

Can anyone please advise.

Many Thanks

Regards

Lewis
    Last edited by lclascaris; 2 December 2007, 09:05.

Afternoon m8

I had a similar problem with mine when I got it. i first thought that the switch was faulty so took it apart (cue springs & bits flying all over). managed to put it back together again & put in a new bulb - still no illumination but the hazard lights worked perfectly.

Removed the switch again and played with multimeter and found that the light feed for teh switch light was not getting power to the back of the connector. It appeared that the wire & tiny spade comnnector had parted (presumably by repeated plugging & unplugging it) meaning no light.
    Just pushed it back in the back of the connector (I think it's the green wire with black trace) and all's been well ever since.

Hope this helps

ta

hawaii
    I'm not overweight, I'm undertall!

Comment

Originally posted by Hawaii
      Afternoon m8

I had a similar problem with mine when I got it. i first thought that the switch was faulty so took it apart (cue springs & bits flying all over). managed to put it back together again & put in a new bulb - still no illumination but the hazard lights worked perfectly.

Removed the switch again and played with multimeter and found that the light feed for teh switch light was not getting power to the back of the connector. It appeared that the wire & tiny spade comnnector had parted (presumably by repeated plugging & unplugging it) meaning no light.
      Just pushed it back in the back of the connector (I think it's the green wire with black trace) and all's been well ever since.

Hope this helps

ta

hawaii
      Thanks for that hawaii

I will have a look tomorrow & see if that sorts the problem.

I noticed that you have a Satoshi grille fitted, I have just bought a new grille to make a Satoshi grille. I found some details on how to make one on the internet........did you make yours or was it there when you bought the vehicle?
      Last edited by lclascaris; 5 December 2007, 17:11.

Comment

Can any 3rd Gen owners please tell me if there hazard warning light switch illuminates when the lights are on? & when the lights are on does the switch flash when the hazards are put on?

Cheers.
        Last edited by lclascaris; 5 December 2007, 17:11.

Comment

Originally posted by lclascaris
          Can any 3rd Gen owners please tell me if there hazard warning light switch illuminates when the lights are on? & when the lights are on does the switch flash when the hazards are put on?

Cheers.
          Mine doesn't just been outside to see
          (\__/)
          (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
          (")_(")

Comment

Afternoon again

My hazard switch lights up when the sielights etc are switched on but doesn't flash when the hazards are switched on.

I did my satoshi grill myself, got loads of hints & tips from the US site (yotatech.com) took about 4 hours & cost about £20 for bits, dearest bit is the mesh (had to go to Halfords - Ripspeed for the pattern I wanted) and the proper enamel emblem from Toyota was only £8.

Didn't do a write up/take photos but am happy to if anyone wants one.

Also, just changed jobs, so am now a daily commuter, in the surf, from Doncaster to Sheffield (M18 & M1 most days) so give a wave.

ta

hawaii
            I'm not overweight, I'm undertall!

Comment

Working...
            X