rear speaker clicking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear speaker clicking

The left (looking forward) rear speaker makes a rapid clicking sound, anyone else had a similar problem, I've stripped it out and the speaker, wires and connections look OK, there's also a small circuit board in the speaker box with capacitors etc which also looks to be in good order (no puffed out or blown capacitors etc) anyone any clues before I replace the speaker/unit with another from a s c rappy surf. What would make this sound? music still comes through but the "clicking" is quite loud. H

I do hope someone comes up with an answer, I have the same/similar thing, a ticking when using the radio in the aux key position with the engine off
    Did I mention I have a BLUE one
    Tony

Comment

I've been through the lecky forum to page 20 but can't find any with a similar problem, I thought it would be just a faulty connection but as I said cant find nothing that looks dodgy. H

Comment

anybody out there, replaced the speaker unit, also renewed a wire that I thought might be causing interference and still ticking on the one speaker whether engine on or not, so unless one of you kind souls can afford me a solution I'm stumped. H

Comment

Originally posted by Hazzo
          anybody out there, replaced the speaker unit, also renewed a wire that I thought might be causing interference and still ticking on the one speaker whether engine on or not, so unless one of you kind souls can afford me a solution I'm stumped. H

Have you tried by-passing the amp behind the panel and wiring direct to the speaker?

Is the front left speaker working/ticking?

It maybe a problem with the left speaker output on the head unit.

Comment

How fast is the ticking?

Comment

Ticking is very rapid and just realised after replacing the unit it only does this when the engine is off,it is only on the one speaker all of the others are ok. H

Comment

Working...
              X