Clicking relays for heater control?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clicking relays for heater control?

When moving my heater control, I get a sound like a relay clicking, coming from the area of the glove box - and the fan switches off - if I try to get the fan to go to max, I just get a click, no fan, and the A/C light goes off too....any ideas?
    Too old to care, young enough to remember

Bump!
    Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

there's an AC control unit in the lower dash centre bit below the ashtray & lighter could the click be coming from there. Long shot though i think it only does anything with the AC on and if it's shot it chatters rather than just clicking once.
      =========
      =SOLD UP!=
      =========

Comment

The fan control circuitry is around the bottom middle of the glovebox, on the fan housing. Think the OZ site has some info on it. General fault with that unit is the high wattage resistor(s)? burning out.

Comment

When recently stripping the dash out I found a myriad of relays, boxes and fuses.

These relays in the pic are located behind the glove box tucked up by the air intake.
          Perhaps one of these controls the fan motor?
          Attached Files
          Ian
          One day my paranoia will go away!

Comment

The AC switches itself off if the fan isn't going. Sounds like your contacts are worn or dirty. Mine's the same and sometimes needs a bit of a wiggle on top speed. All the other speeds work ok.

Comment

Yep. mine is exactly the same. I've stripped out the dash, remove the heater controls, stripped the switch and cleaned everything up........

...... and it only worked properly for a couple of weeks!

It looks like the switch can be purchased separately but I haven't tried to order one.... yet
              Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

Working...
              X