Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical Problems

I have a 3rd Gen SSRG.

When I picked it up I was told that the mechanic had F**K*D up when converting the speedo and that the sensor in the transfer case was knackered and would need changed.

Rather than waiting another week I agreed to take the car as was and I would fit the new sensor - I wanted my new toy to play with.

A week later the new sensor arrives and I fit it.

The speedo still doesn't work.

Now on to the other thing I noticed and the reason I am reluctant to go buying more bits until I have got this figured out.

Whilst driving along I noticed that the windscreen wash on the front and rear windows have been reversed. That is that when you operate what should be the front windscreen wash the wipers go but water comes out of the back window wash nozzle and vice versa.

The first thgought that crossed my mind when I saw this was that when the mechanic was changing the speedo he messed up and go some wires crossed.

The reason I am posting this is two fold:

1. Has anyone else had this?
    2. Where is the most likely place for the wires to have gotten crossed up?

Looking forward to your collective help.

Les

Originally posted by Leskerrxx
    I have a 3rd Gen SSRG.

When I picked it up I was told that the mechanic had F**K*D up when converting the speedo and that the sensor in the transfer case was knackered and would need changed.

Rather than waiting another week I agreed to take the car as was and I would fit the new sensor - I wanted my new toy to play with.

A week later the new sensor arrives and I fit it.

Now on to the other thing I noticed and the reason I am reluctant to go buying more bits until I have got this figured out.

Whilst driving along I noticed that the windscreen wash on the front and rear windows have been reversed. That is that when you operate what should be the front windscreen wash the wipers go but water comes out of the back window wash nozzle and vice versa.

The first thgought that crossed my mind when I saw this was that when the mechanic was changing the speedo he messed up and go some wires crossed.

The reason I am posting this is two fold:

1. Has anyone else had this?
    2. Where is the most likely place for the wires to have gotten crossed up?

Looking forward to your collective help.

Les
    Hi Les,

Might be daft but, have you checked that the plastic feed pipes for the washers haven't been reversed along the way?
    Had this on one of my cars before.

Ken
    [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][B][I][SIZE=3]When the going gets tough - Get out !!![/SIZE][/I][/B][/FONT]

Comment

Reversed where?

I thought that there were separate pumps for the front & rear washes with the one for the back window being in the back door.

Regards,

Les

Comment

There's two pumps, one for front and rear screens, both are on the tank under the bonnet and a tube runs all the way to the rear window.

Removing the dash clocks shouldn't affect the wash/wipe controls, they're seperate from the dash wiring.
        Last edited by BUSHWHACKER; 8 October 2007, 15:47.

Comment

I will look at them tonight.

Regards,

Les Kerr

Comment

do the miles clock up or is it completely dead?

Also one of the multiplugs might be loose or not refitted,

There is 4 on the back of the instrument cluster
            Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

The miles are clocking up on both the trip and the main odometer.

When you accelerate the needle stays on the bottom until your doing about 60MPH and the it jumps up to indicate 90mph.

I have checked both sensors using a digital Fluke and they seem to be fine. I have also removed the instrument cluster and everything seems to be plugged in there as well.

Regards,

Les Kerr

Comment

After a happy weekend playing with the Hilux and rooting around under the bonnet I can report:

I don't have two windscreen wash pumps I only have one - the other is in the back RH corner or the truck so the problem has to be electrical and presumably a cross connected / mis connected cable.

All help and suggestions appreciated.

Regards,

Les

Comment

just a thought have you taken off the front clear plastic cover of the cluster. try taking it off, then ease the needle out a little as it could be pushed on to hard. i found this out by having a similar prob

Comment

Working...
                  X