@ Geoffeds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @ Geoffeds

I have today recieved a letter from our surf buddy PAULEDS from France.
    He has had a few problems with his surf and has asked me to put this on the forum.
    the first problem he had was the belt tensioner sheared off all the belts went slack & his engine overheated, he had to drill old bolt out & have new one fitted.
    The thing he is struggling to fix is the tailgate window, he says he can hear the relay clicking but he cant find the window relay.
    Last edited by marky; 27 February 2004, 11:14.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Originally posted by marky
    I have today recieved a letter from our surf buddy PAULEDS from France.
    He has had a few problems with his surf and has asked me to put this on the forum.
    the first problem he had was the belt tensioner sheared off all the belts went slack & his engine overheated, he had to drill old bolt out & have new one fitted.
    The thing he is struggling to fix is the tailgate window, he says he can hear the relay clicking but he cant find the window relay.
    You should know Marky the rear window relay is behind the nearside panel in the boot .You need to take virtually the whole panel off to access it & theres no quick fix if the relays are u/s.
    If he needs a temporary fix he can try cutting the wires inside the tailgate which power the motor. He may then be able to fit quick connectors & swap the wires to reverse the current. This fools the relays into thinking up is down & vice versa.
    Generally it is the "up" relay which goes 1st.
    You can also "hot wire" the motor direct from the battery ,but I'd reccomend the 1st option.
    This topics been covered loads of times now & any search should bring up loads of references.

The relays are part of a circuit board & Toyota charge approx £380 for a new one. There are a couple of different types & sometimes you can get one secondhand.
    It is also possible (though difficult) to obtain & fit the relays individually to your existing board.......It's not a diy job though !
    Last edited by bensonsnuts; 25 February 2004, 12:48.
    Geoff http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_6_5.gif.... http://www.boomspeed.com/carolrobert/police.gif......

Comment

i know geoff its more of an update of how he's doing in HARDANGES MAYENNE sil vous plait mon ami
      (\__/)
      (")_(")

Comment

window relays

it can be done with four standard four pin relays from the car breakers i done it on mine works a treat i will draw up the diagram 2night when ive finished playing with the surf in the snow

Comment

Originally posted by busa
          it can be done with four standard four pin relays from the car breakers i done it on mine works a treat i will draw up the diagram 2night when ive finished playing with the surf in the snow
          NICE ONE MATE I'LL PUT A COPY IN THE POST
          (\__/)
          (")_(")

Comment

relays are from a ford and are rated at 40 amps
            looks a bit complicated but the hardest part is gaining access
            to the relay box hope this helps
            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks mate
              (\__/)
              (")_(")

Comment

Ok paul phoned me this morning so all being well he will now be able to sort this out.
                (\__/)
                (")_(")

Comment

Working...
                X