Help!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!!!

Can anyone help me I have a 2.4 turbo diesel surf import, and I have had no luck finding a 4x4 garage that can plug my import into a diagnostic machine, for the purpose of finding oput why my surf is chucking out heavy black smoke after a new head was fitted.

Does anyone out there know of a garage that possesses one of these elusive machines in East Sussex.

There's info on here showing how to get the diagnostics codes off the ecu yourself, my guess would be a vac pipe in the wrong place as this seems to be common after head work.

try this http://www.bba-reman.com/auto-mine/t...toyota_obd.htm or search for reading fault codes
    Last edited by nero279; 30 June 2007, 12:49.
    =========
    =SOLD UP!=
    =========

Comment

ok the mythical diagnostics machines should going from my personal expiriance plug in with a standard toyota lead as the diagnostics port is the same on my 2.4 surf as it was on my Mr2 MK1 the company you go to should also use standard toyota software for the machine and if they havent got a program specific for the surf or 4-runner be able to use a peace of software used called ebdo II wich is a genralisation that came in as a industry standard after 2000 meaning all cars after 2000 were made to except this universal software that will give you access to about 90% of the ecu including fault codes the nice part was toyota conformed to this standard way befor 2000 and my 1986 MR2 allowed me access through ebdo II and bailed me out alot of times as it was highly modifed and and therefor alot of things caused me to have to plug in as it didnt throw up normal symtims that a mechanic could easily pick up on

unfortunatly money got tight a few months ago and i had to sell my snapon diagnostics system or i would go out and plug in to my surf to prove the theory befor i sent you off to find some one armed with this info as alot of mechanics with diagnostics are frightened of pluging in to the unknown for fear of causing damage if they use a standard toyota lead for that port they will not cause any harm by trying to read it with ebdo II even if it wont read it it will just throw up a software error as apposed to causing harm but be warned standard charge here is £25 per hour or part of and all you will walk away with is the faults for that not the faults cured if you know what i mean
      !!!My Rice Krispies told me to do it!!!

Comment

Working...
      X