Think I drouned the remote locking...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Think I drouned the remote locking...

I went to Hill'n Ditch in Cheshire on Saturday and promptly got stuck in the middle of the lake. The bonnet dipped into a sudden deep bit and the air intake sucked in water. I switched off the ignition quick to try and avoid damage to the engine and waited to be towed out while brown water slowly filled up th footwells....

The car still runs and the rest of the day was great but.......

Now the central locking won't work. I think it must be the electrical gubbins under the driver's seat which got proper wet. It's dry now but the locking won't work.

Any ideas??

Joe

Bit soft replying to your own thread but I have to tell someone. I took all the air intake tubes etc off once I got towed out of the lake and then had to mop water out of the air filter and the turbo! Loads came out the turbo.

Then I crossed my fingers and turned it over. I would have removed the injectors first but that is major spannering to someone like me. Crossing my fingers seemed the next best thing!

There's a thread on here somewhere about a home made snorkel. I've found some 70mm stainless steel flexible exhaust pipe on ebay. I'm thinking that's a plan...

Comment

Its what you could of done before going off road and that was to turn the pipe that goes from the intake to the air filter(the bend pipe) and that way you may of not got water in.i know its a bit late to say now but you can keep it in mind for another time as long as its not too deep water
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Working...
      X