Electric Aerial :-(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electric Aerial :-(

Ok so I went out on saturday with surfsup......
    Went through a particularly tight path and turned the stereo so's not to hear the scratching noise of the bushes down the truck side!!!
    Down side is the aerial got critically damaged! And has now fallen off!

A)How easy is it to replace the electric aerial, and...
    B)Where can i get one from and how much....?

Cheers

ps - will be posting pics of my day out on sat v soon....
    2 Tone Mud Master!
    http://www.sunsetsurf.co.uk

Originally posted by carbonman
    Ok so I went out on saturday with surfsup......
    Went through a particularly tight path and turned the stereo so's not to hear the scratching noise of the bushes down the truck side!!!
    Down side is the aerial got critically damaged! And has now fallen off!

A)How easy is it to replace the electric aerial, and...
    B)Where can i get one from and how much....?

Cheers

ps - will be posting pics of my day out on sat v soon....
    hehehe!! everyone else turns the radio off so's not to break the aerial!
    (put a switch on so you can put it down and still have the stereo on)
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Ask for a replacement aerial for a 4Runner at your local Toyota dealer. When you get the replacement it will have a long plastic strip hanging out of the bottom with gear teeth on it.
      Undo the hex at the bottom of your broken aerial and get someone to switch the radio on. The whole lot will wind out with a little help from you. Insert the new aerial into the hole, the same way round the old one came out. Get someone to switch the radio off and the replacement will feed in. Do up the retaining nut and thats it until next time you forget.
      I "customised" mine on the garage door! Then I finished it off at the Pit.
      It's only a hobby!

Comment

I got a replacement "Generic" electric arial on Ebay for £9.99 & fitted it using the top (outside of car) bits from the old Toyota one. Took about 1.5 hours to do, no problems.

Cheers,

Steve.

Comment

What type of ariel did you get from Ebay as I have the exact same problem. Have you still got the auction number so I can see a pic?

Cheers
          [font=Comic Sans MS][i][size=+3][color=red][b]Paul[/b][/color][/size][/i][/font]

[b][size=+2]1992 2.4TD SSR-X AUTO[/b][/size]

Comment

I installed a bee sting aerial on the roof at the front of the sunroof. No need to worry about bushes now - £12.99 from Halfrauds.

Comment

Working...
            X