Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• buzzer suddenly sounded off while driving

i hope this find you well surf gurus,

we were driving home with my wife and daughter last night when the buzzer suddenly sounded off and dashboard lights lit up (except for the engine light, the O/D and the ECT lights)...

this was the second time that it happened, though the first one after a couple of minutes trying to turn the engine on and off and revving, it stopped and the dashboard went back to its normal state.

i don't know what could have happened. before i write this post, i tried to start the engine again but unfortunately the buzzing sound and the lights are still there.

please can anyone help me? i'll be celebrating my birthday on the 28th and i don't want to go out with my family with my ride going crazy.

thank you very much sirs.

alternator problems?
    =========
    =SOLD UP!=
    =========

Comment

It will be the Alternator. Time for a recon, new brushes etc.

Nev

Comment

yep, what he said
        TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

ouch

just this morning, can't seem to start my ride now...

i better ask my mechanic about this alternator thing you've mentioned sirs.

thank you very much and hope this will solve the problem.

i really love this forum sooooo much. members are all kind enough to share their expertise fast.

may your tribe increase sirs.

-- ian
          Last edited by theapprentice; 27 May 2007, 02:32.

Comment

err

sir,

the electrician was able fix my ride just yesterday after replacing the IC... however, just this morning... it buzzed again and it seems the alternator isn't charging at all.

do you think it has something to do with the replaced IC again?

if it got busted again, what could be causing it to bust, after a night drive last night?

thanks again in advance.

ian

Comment

Sounds like he just replaced the regulator. If it was at fault and you've just fried another, then you really do need to look at the alternator itself.
              Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Working...
              X