2nd gen rear speakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd gen rear speakers

What size replacement speakers do I need for the back of my surf?
    Sam

Originally posted by SAMUEL
    What size replacement speakers do I need for the back of my surf?
    Sam
    Really depends on what you want, standard on my 90 2.4 they were 5" but I replaced them with kicker 6". Some have fitted 6 x 9's in with a little bit of modification.
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

what's the problem with the speakers ? The factory ones have a 2ohm active amplifier fitted to either side. Either replace with more 2ohm ones or replace with regular car speakers and bypass the active amplifiers. I fitted a powered sub tube which works very well with the original setup.

Comment

Nothing really wrong with them, changed the head unit and front speakers and sounds SO much better! Only rear letting it down.

Cant I just fit normal speakers with the active amplifiers.

Regards

Comment

NO - the output from the amplifiers is not compatible with regular car speakers and will probably destroy them. However you could run some decent speaker wire from your head unit to the rear panels and replace the speakers behind the rear panels. Their are also apertures in the panel above the back door panel for tweeters if you run crossovers - great for the back of a Surf where the speakers are mounted below the level of the back seat. The spaekers in the rear are small - 10 or 13cm but they are high quality and deliver good bass because of their ported enclosures. With a little modification - you could fit some high quality bass drivers (16cm) in these ported enclosures with tweeters in the upper panel for a proper setup! . Let me know how you get on - it could be a decent upgrade for me too.

Comment

Sorry guys for the interruption

I need some help down here. I want to install a new set of speakers at the rear - need more sound. The speakers are JVC, 280 watt and 3 way coaxial. I've read some of the threads on rear speakers and seems that there are amps. I haven't checked yet but if there are could I possibly use them (amps) to power my new speakers? Or is there another way?

Thanks in advance.

Kiri-Surfer

Comment

I'm thinking of fitting 6x9's in the back of mine and just taking the feed for the speakers from before the amp question is where are the amps located as I believe the electric aerial works of the same feed and I still need this to work what is the best solution anyone has found for this as I know it is difficult to get 2 ohm speakers.
              Any help or advice appreciated.
              [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Never underestimate the power of idiiots in large groups!![/FONT]

Comment

Working...
              X