Electric windows/central locking problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electric windows/central locking problems

Hi, my electric windows and central locking work intermittently. I think there is a fault in the conduit between the door. How do i fix this? Can i take the rubber conduit off and check here or pass new cable through? Thanks for the help.

hi max! cut the plastic conduit with a nife, then check the wires, bend and pull them to see if the copper has broke, any broke then you can put strait through crimp on.then put conduit back on and tape it up. hope this helps mate.

Comment

Originally posted by max081201
      Hi, my electric windows and central locking work intermittently. I think there is a fault in the conduit between the door. How do i fix this? Can i take the rubber conduit off and check here or pass new cable through? Thanks for the help.
      Just a thought.

As both windows and C/L are giving problems, it is unlikely, (though not impossible,) to be any powered cables. More likely grounding cable(s) as it/they would go to common ground and that is likely where the problem is. Better off testing with a continuity meter. No longer expensive to buy and a really useful item to have in your toolbox. You might want to take a quick look at the main connectors first, to make sure one hasn't come loose or needs de-oxidising.

regards

Comment

i know this is an old post but thought this may be relavant, i have started doin a long list of jobs on me new surf, started on eletrics first as i,m fitting me alarm at the weekend, i had the same problem no power windows no central locking so looked behind conduit at drivers door found about 4 wires snapped a 3 others starting to go, repaired all wires everythin workin fine.

Last edited by pete-w-; 1 November 2007, 22:00.

Comment

Working...
        X