Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• battery

hi everyone
    a couple of questions,first is the fuel gauge suposed to register all the time ie even when switched off.
    second question is ,tried to start car yesterday (monday),after car had stood since saturday,and battery was flat,see question one,any way went to local garage to get them checked out,but said he wasnt sure because he couldnt find cranking amps on battery,it was in japanese,anyone know what it is,as i dont want to buy two batteries if i dont need to £70 each!!
    ps had car since dec and it has always been slow turning over,personaly i think they must be us,but checked gravity of acid and it comes out ok
    cheers,bob

Originally posted by bonehead
    hi everyone
    a couple of questions,first is the fuel gauge suposed to register all the time ie even when switched off.
    second question is ,tried to start car yesterday (monday),after car had stood since saturday,and battery was flat,see question one,any way went to local garage to get them checked out,but said he wasnt sure because he couldnt find cranking amps on battery,it was in japanese,anyone know what it is,as i dont want to buy two batteries if i dont need to £70 each!!
    ps had car since dec and it has always been slow turning over,personaly i think they must be us,but checked gravity of acid and it comes out ok
    cheers,bob
    Yes.Fuel gauge registers all the time.Have batteries recharged then have alternator tested.If alternator is faulty new batteries won't last.

Neville

Comment

Bob

Yes the fuel gauge does register with the ignition off.

With the starting problem it might be a good idea if you check all of the earth straps,clean the contacts on the battery and other ends + engine to body straps as well.

Comment

battery

thanks everyone for replies,off now to check things out.cheers

Comment

Working...
        X