Air con not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air con not working

I have had my surf about 4 month and doing bits n pieces to it as i can and i am now trying to get the air con to work. I have had it to my mates who is a mechanic and when the button is pressed the light comes on but the air con does not work. The motor does not do anything. He put his thing on that sends power to the unit and it was working then but only blowing warm through. He was wondering if there is a cut off in the unit to stop it working if there is no gas in the system. I hope this has made sence but is that possible or not. If not anyone know what it might be ??

Yup, no gas no work.

Mine was the same, get it regassed and it should be fine.
    Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Thanks a lot for that mate. Ill get it sorted.

Comment

My air con blows cool - but not as cold as i think it should.
        Is there any test that can be done to check the amount of gas in the system??
        Everyone thinks I'm paranoid!!

Comment

Originally posted by jaky cakes
          My air con blows cool - but not as cold as i think it should.
          Is there any test that can be done to check the amount of gas in the system??
          You can get a refill bottle of R134a from Hal£ords of fleabay (about £30) which has a gauge on, once the gauge is connected to the low side it will how how much is in.

R134a was the gas used after 1993 so the 3.0ltr surfs should all have that gas in, there will be a sticker on on the front to tell you if it's R134.

Earlier systems have R12 which is no longer available, but a aircon specilist should have some available for topping up

Neadless to say an aircon specilist should be able to check it out (for a fee)
          Last edited by coolsv650; 20 April 2007, 13:23. Reason: I've added a bit!
          Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

Originally posted by coolsv650
            You can get a refill bottle of R134a from Hal£ords of fleabay (about £30) which has a gauge on, once the gauge is connected to the low side it will how how much is in.

R134a was the gas used after 1993 so the 3.0ltr surfs should all have that gas in, there will be a sticker on on the front to tell you if it's R134.

Earlier systems have R12 which is no longer available, but a aircon specilist should have some available for topping up

Neadless to say an aircon specilist should be able to check it out (for a fee)

Many thanks for that Gary!
            Ali
            Everyone thinks I'm paranoid!!

Comment

Working...
            X