Remote Central Locking Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remote Central Locking Question

Hey All. Started fitting the remote central locking kit, which I think I've now figured out, however...

Wired up the unit as far as power, unlock, lock and common. Thought I'd try it out before I went any further, (alarm, light flashing, immobiliser etc included in kit) and there's definitely power, but when I hit the lock button, the doors lock and then unlock straight away. Can hear the relay working in the unit for both lock and unlock.

Anyone come up against a similar thing, or spot an obvious problem? Just scotch-locked the wiring in, so haven't cut anything yet.

Help much appreciated as always.
    Heapy

this may help
    http://www.commandocaralarms.com/wir...Toyota/4Runner

Comment

Cheers for the link mate. Looking at it, I think the wiring for the surf and 4-runner differ, in colour if nothing else. I've got red/white - lock, red/yellow - unlock, and red/white common so far. Seems like the unlock circuit is powered all the time, I just can't figure out why.
      Heapy

(P.S. Do you realise the size of the can of worms you might open with your OS Map offer??? Keen though)

Comment

Originally posted by heapy
        (P.S. Do you realise the size of the can of worms you might open with your OS Map offer??? Keen though)
        yeah just thought theres alot of us out there that can't afford £150-£200 notes so if it helps me with some beer tokens and helps the site with some extra funs what the hell

Comment

i use that site to help me fit my alarm/immbolizer some wires differ slightly but in genral it's good

Comment

Ahh, the never ending search for beer tokens! I feel your pain! It's a good plan. I object to paying £200 too, so my maps tend to come from work.

Reckon I've found the right wiring, I must just be missing something...!

Heapy

Comment

Have you got all the necessary wires earthed? With my kit I had to earth the black, yellow and yellow/black wires.

Comment

Originally posted by heapy
                Hey All. Started fitting the remote central locking kit, which I think I've now figured out, however...

Wired up the unit as far as power, unlock, lock and common. Thought I'd try it out before I went any further, (alarm, light flashing, immobiliser etc included in kit) and there's definitely power, but when I hit the lock button, the doors lock and then unlock straight away. Can hear the relay working in the unit for both lock and unlock.

Anyone come up against a similar thing, or spot an obvious problem? Just scotch-locked the wiring in, so haven't cut anything yet.

Help much appreciated as always.
                Heapy
                A lot of alarms have six wires for the locking system in 2x3, each set of 3 have a common, N/O and N/C.
                On the surf it needs negative trigger, so wire the N/O on each set of 3 to earth point on body of vehicle, and the 2 common wires of each set of 3 to the unlock/lock wires on the central locking relay in the car, the other 2 wires can be cut and taped up.
                If it aint broke dont fix it

Comment

Dave

This prob occurred on my initial "I'll just bodge it quickly and check" check, so am kind of hoping its just that, that I've not earthed something because I haven't got that far, or something similar.

Do you remember which wires your black, yellow and yellow/black wires were?
                  Further play time after work today!!

Cheers mate.
                  Heapy

Comment

Where did your get your remote kit from? Ebay?
                    Here's a copy of the wiring diagram that I got with mine.
                    White/red - lock
                    red/yellow - unlock
                    Thick white/red - Live
                    Yellow - earth
                    Yellow/black - earth
                    Black - earth
                    Orange and orange/something - leave disconnected and insulate

Comment

Working...
                    X