replacment radio for surf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replacment radio for surf

[COLOR=black]Can any one tel me a make and model no of a cd radio that will fit into my surf dash, The uk maket units that I have looked at are too wide too fit depth is no problem as I have a Kenwood jap market double head unit fitted that is u/s. I am only looking to spend about £100 .

Originally posted by Trevor Hann
    [COLOR=black]Can any one tel me a make and model no of a cd radio that will fit into my surf dash, The uk maket units that I have looked at are too wide too fit depth is no problem as I have a Kenwood jap market double head unit fitted that is u/s. I am only looking to spend about £100 .

Kenwood, Sony, JVC, Clarion, Alpine, etc etc etc
    You need to remove the dash surround to fit a UK spec unit in the then get yourself a universal pocket to fit under it, job done.
    Look here for how to
    http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/workshop/dash3.htm
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

That link doesnt explain that you need to also remove the glove box on the left, and undo the large panel beneath the steering wheel but moving this aside is all that is needed.

The glove box removal needs no pics as theres only something like 5 screws to be undone and its out.

The panel under the steering wheel isnt too hard either, its just a few screws and then theres this: if you have a funny looking twistable knob on the panel somewhere below the ignition its supposed to be an idle adjuster but works for no-one. Pull the knob straight off then a 14mm open ender will open the retaining nut.
      Theres also a 10mm bolt on the bottom right of the panel too I think.
      As I said just move the panel aside because theres two cables attached to it and you dont want to mess with them if you dont have to.

Your radio will be bolted to a frame behind the dash by means of a bracket on either side, keep the brackets because your new radio should have corresponding holes for attaching them to.

PS: I put in new wiring for my front and rear speakers while I had all these panels off.

Comment

Working...
      X