The bahstard batteries.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The bahstard batteries.

I knew these were faulty coz I have had to have them jump started a few times since I got the car. Then the other day I set out for Manchester to see Nine Inch nails. Got in the car started fine, got the petrol station and put £20 diesel in........ car wouldn't start again. I got Green Flag out and they jump started me away from the pump (I remembered a thread about the red button on the auto gearbox allowing you to put the car in neutral when engine was off - so thanks guys ). I then drove to Manchester confident in the knowledge that the long drive would charge the batteries up a little bit and I would have no problems until Friday when I am booked into get them replaced. Enjoyed the gig, girlfriend had her first 'heavy metal' gig experience and we had a lots of kisses and cuddles etc - looking forward to getting her home if the truth be known... *BLUSH*.

Got to the car, wouldn't start. Got Green Flag out, jump started again.

ANyway, to cut a long story a litle bit shorted I got two brand new batteries fitted yesterday for £97.90 with free fitting).

Thank CHRIST for that........
    www.myspace.com/conandoomconan

aye,

they do do that batteries! I gor legged up about 3 months ago with the same problem, my own fault...... should have changed it when I noticed the starting getting difficult!

£97 don't sound to bad for batteries either, I bought my last one for about £30 from some non descript anjamsingh car spares shop, Hal£rauds were wanting megga bucks and didn't keep them in stock.
    Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

LOL!!!! Halfrauds quoted me £86 for one........... But "hey" they said... "We offer a free fitting service and can fit you in next Tuesday". How I laughed!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Razorhoof
        LOL!!!! Halfrauds quoted me £86 for one........... But "hey" they said... "We offer a free fitting service and can fit you in next Tuesday". How I laughed!!!!
        If want a great laugh next time a headlight bulb goes get them to change it
        Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Ah Heee hee. I take it that it isn't quite as easy as it looks?

Comment

Originally posted by Razorhoof
            Ah Heee hee. I take it that it isn't quite as easy as it looks?
            Method A involves the grill coming off, and unbolting the lights (alas poor grill clips, I knew them well )

Method B is to remove the battery behind the buggered bulb, and go in from behind

Here is GTDOG describing method B - this is the method I use.

Trev
            Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Ok, well let's hope it doesn't come to that then

Comment

Dont know anything about batteries but having to get a new one maybe 2 as they aren't holding a charge any more after reading there posts on here relised that I needed 750CCA have been given a quote for batterys £ 52.15 each with a CCA of 720 now with the batterys being wired in parrallel will this work putting 2 new batterys in with this amount off cca or will it do damage overload a fuse somwhere?
                www.merkinchlnr.org.uk

Comment

Won't do any harm at all, the bigger the better.

By the way, definately replace both.
                  Laugh!!! I nearly bought my own beer.

Paul

Comment

Working...
                  X