3rd gen obd socket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3rd gen obd socket

can anyone tell me where to find the obd daignostics socket inside a 3rd gen surf. I know certain tests can be done from the one under the bonnet, but i need to do an abs fault test. I have the scanner to do this and know need to find the socket.
    Thanks.

Haven't been able to find the one inside. But you can jump two of the contacts in the connector in the engine bay (you also have to remove the little short pin). Prob is I can't remember which pins it was. One of them was Tc I think. It makes the ABS light flash the fault codes. I had to do this to find out which wheel sensor was screwed. I'll have a look on my PC at home tonight as I think I saved the instructions somewhere.

Comment

Does it actually have OBD? AIUI it only in commonish use from around 1996 onwards? The 3rd gen Surf might have just missed out...
      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

On the US trucks its under lower dash cover, under the steering wheel.

All I've got for Surfs is this.....
        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

I noticed in halfords the other day a haynes manual about reading fault codes and diagnostics sockets and it showed how to check them on 'all' cars and showed diagrams of the jumper method aswell as the readers for most makes. It might be worth a quick look if you can find a copy
          =========
          =SOLD UP!=
          =========

Comment

Originally posted by nero279
            I noticed in halfords the other day a haynes manual about reading fault codes and diagnostics sockets and it showed how to check them on 'all' cars and showed diagrams of the jumper method aswell as the readers for most makes. It might be worth a quick look if you can find a copy
            The jumper method is easy, for basic faults its just join togeter TE1 and E1 in the diag box under the bonnet, turn the ignition on and count the flashes of the check light.
            4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

This might help.

http://www.auto-diagnostic-codes.com/

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                The jumper method is easy, for basic faults its just join togeter TE1 and E1 in the diag box under the bonnet, turn the ignition on and count the flashes of the check light.
                Yeah just didn't know if the manual might say if/where any internal diagnostic socket was?
                =========
                =SOLD UP!=
                =========

Comment

Ok, I know its for a Toyota Camry but this worked on mine when I was trying to solve my ABS problem. I had a code 32, front left wheel sensor. Replaced it and problem went away. Sorry about the rubbish text document - I tried just pasting it into this message but I found there's a 10,000 character limit to a post

Comment

Working...
                  X