I need to replace my batteries.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need to replace my batteries.

I have now had to call out Green Flag in three weeks and I think they need a rest LOL!!!

Each time I have had a non start they have got me going by jump starting me.

The batteries on there are really old (one is the Japanese original).

1. Is it usual for batteries like these to die around this time?
    2. Can someone give me links to some places where I can get second hand replacements?
    3. Can someone send me links to where I can buy 'cheap' new replacements?

Thanks fellers.

Jon.
    www.myspace.com/conandoomconan

i replaced both of mine and the cheapest place i found was my toyota dealer.

Comment

Razorhoof, Checkout the threads at the bottom of this Page.

There's always a Payback .... You just can't see it Coming !!!!
      Buncefield Burner

Comment

The Battery Thing

Dont know which part of England you live in but if you live anywhere near Norwich there is a place called Beta Batteries and when I bought batteries for mine a few weeks ago i paid about £40 each for a battery with 850CCA. The thing is he offers a 2 year warranty on the battery, so they cant be that bad.

Beta Batteries: Norwich Unit 1 Hobrough Lane King Street NR1 1RF
        I did have a phone number somewhere

1. Batteries generally do not like cold whether
        2. If you run one old battery one newer battery all the literature says the old battery will generally drag the new one down especially if the CCA's on each battery individually can not start the truck on its own. (Required CCA's to start a Hilux surf about 750CCA) It is recommended that you replace the batteries together that way you know where you stand.
        mmmsd
        [email]mutsaushe@gmail.com[/email]

Comment

All sorted mate. Paid £48 each including fitting from CAS Autosports in Bebington.
          www.myspace.com/conandoomconan

Comment

Working...
          X