Oh my god.... I ACTUALLY did it!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh my god.... I ACTUALLY did it!!!!!!

I fitted my amp and sub woofer all on my own yesterday in the rain!!!!!!

Works a treat too. However, I made a bit of a boo boo when I connected the power lead to the battery positive terminal without first disconnecting the negative terminal - then as I went to thread the lead through the grommet into the footwell it ouched the side of the engine bay and sparks flew..... I shaht myself and then realised I should connect it all to he mains last........

Got it all in, even took some of the dash off to do it!!!! and had to cut a hole or two in the carpet to thread through... I used one of the bolts into the bodywork in the boot to install the ground cable and it all now works a treat :O).

The sound out of it is AWESOME - I am glad I did it.....

Aren't I clever?
    www.myspace.com/conandoomconan

I hope you have got a fuse in the cable pretty close to the battery, if so it should have blown when you flashed the power lead to ground.
    Laugh!!! I nearly bought my own beer.

Paul

Comment

Yes mate, I did.

It still works fine though - no problems there :o).

Comment

Good on ya JD the amp today and god knows what tomorrow..
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

ah well done mate!!! Glad to hear it all went ok! Good for you for having the guts to give it a shot and fit it yourself!!

Comment

Originally posted by Razorhoof
            Works a treat too. However, I made a bit of a boo boo when I connected the power lead to the battery positive terminal without first disconnecting the negative terminal - then as I went to thread the lead through the grommet into the footwell it ouched the side of the engine bay and sparks flew..... I shaht myself and then realised I should connect it all to he mains last........
            I'm not going to say anything......... Muppet. Glad to hear you got it sorted though, eventually.

p.s: You don't have mains in a vehicle.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
              I'm not going to say anything......... Muppet. Glad to hear you got it sorted though, eventually.

p.s: You don't have mains in a vehicle.
              Nomination time ?
              Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

well done that man.
                www.overfab.uk

Comment

Ah shoite yeah... The mains!!!!! I didn't actually connect to the mains.... I meant the 'battery'.

Found something out today after the third nvisit from green flag in three weeks...... My 'engine starter' battery is the one on the right of the engine bay (looking at it from the bonnet). My car wouldn't start again today, I am going to buy myself a couple of new batteries........ I take it they are easy to fit (heavy I know)....?

The speaker works a treat, it's dead heavy sounding and makes it's Casual www.myspace.com/itscasual sound like an army of guitars!!!!!

However, at certain cd's it kinda makes a vibration kinda noise at volume as though it is resonating poorly. How can I fix the speaker to the car to reduce vibrations?

Awesome!!!!!

Comment

Ah shoite yeah... The mains!!!!! I didn't actually connect to the mains.... I meant the 'battery'.

Found something out today after the third nvisit from green flag in three weeks...... My 'engine starter' battery is the one on the right of the engine bay (looking at it from the bonnet). My car wouldn't start again today, I am going to buy myself a couple of new batteries........ I take it they are easy to fit (heavy I know)....?

The speaker works a treat, it's dead heavy sounding and makes it's Casual www.myspace.com/itscasual sound like an army of guitars!!!!!

However, at certain cd's it kinda makes a vibration kinda noise at volume as though it is resonating poorly. How can I fix the speaker to the car to reduce vibrations?

Awesome!!!!!

Get some sound proofing material! Its available at any car audio shop and ebay! just lift the carpets and take out the panels an just cover it on everything!! You could get some ratchet type straps and just hook them on both points on the wheelarches and tighten it down!

Comment

Ok cool, good idea that. Got any links?

Comment

http://search.ebay.co.uk/dynamat_W0Q...sZQQsofocusZbs

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2-X-RATCHET-ST...QQcmdZViewItem

There you go mate! There are other brands of soundproof material but dynomat has a good name!
                        The ratchet straps are pretty cheap too!!!

Comment

Cool, many thanks mate.

Comment

Found something out today after the third nvisit from green flag in three weeks...... My 'engine starter' battery is the one on the right of the engine bay (looking at it from the bonnet).
                            Yeah, that's actually bull$hit but no more or less than you would expect from Green Flag. Both batteries do everything.

When I was a boy and my car wouldn't start the RAC came out and told me my timing had gone out, then towed me to the dealer to have it repaired. It was a dirty spark plug....

Oh yeah, good work on the amp

Comment

Nice one, told you I could do it!!!!!

Just need to replace the batteries now!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X