rear window, have searched but cant find answer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear window, have searched but cant find answer

i have sepent overan hour searching for the answer to this, but to no avail. i know you guys hate it when people post questions that have alreayd been answered, and if you can point out the answer to this ill be more than happy, but i just cant find it.

basically, my rear window goes up and down no problems (you werent expecting that were you) using the switch inside the car, but when using the key in the back door it will only go up. ive just changed the regulator and motor, but it was the same before i changed it so i know it isnt anything ive done. ive tried changing the switch on the lock but this didnt work. i can only think it must be a fault in the loom somewhere, or coincidentally the second switch i tried was also faulty.

any ideas people??

Originally posted by enigmaperformance
    i have sepent overan hour searching for the answer to this, but to no avail. i know you guys hate it when people post questions that have alreayd been answered, and if you can point out the answer to this ill be more than happy, but i just cant find it.

basically, my rear window goes up and down no problems (you werent expecting that were you) using the switch inside the car, but when using the key in the back door it will only go up. ive just changed the regulator and motor, but it was the same before i changed it so i know it isnt anything ive done. ive tried changing the switch on the lock but this didnt work. i can only think it must be a fault in the loom somewhere, or coincidentally the second switch i tried was also faulty.

any ideas people??
    Relay? The box is behind the plastic trim, just a bit above the passenger side tail lights.

Comment

thanks mate, much appreciated. ill give it a try tomorrow, fingers crossed.

Comment

Check if you can hear the relay click, if it click but nothing happens, its normally the relay burnt out in the window ECU, if no click, its generally a break in the loom where it comes out the tailgate, and loops into the car body under the rear light.
        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

you have no idea how much im hoping to hear that click lol theres nothing i hate more than trying to find a fault in a wiring loom

Comment

theres one on eblay at the moment

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...ADME:B:SS:UK:1
            TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

Working...
            X