fuel gauge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuel gauge

on my 92 ssr-g 2.4 td the fuel gauge seems to be stuck at full, I stuck £40 of diesel in it last night and have done a good 30 miles in it today and it hasnt moved help help help, is it ment to stay on full with the ignition off ???

Originally posted by Surf Bum
    on my 92 ssr-g 2.4 td the fuel gauge seems to be stuck at full, I stuck £40 of diesel in it last night and have done a good 30 miles in it today and it hasnt moved help help help, is it ment to stay on full with the ignition off ???
    hope so m8 or you got a leak!!!!
    Enjoying Life after Cancer
    Pops

Comment

Explain that one ????

Comment

Explain that one ????
        is it ment to stay on full with the ignition off ???

mine does yes
        Pops

Comment

Explain that one ????
          I am not going to explain that and it might take him some time to work out what hes put

But to answer your question yes. The needle does stay at what ever level of fuel you have in the tank when the ignition is switched off. Also when I fill mine right up it stays at the full mark until I have done around 50miles then starts to move, you may also find that as it gets to the last 1/4 of a tank it seems to drop quicker than the first 1/4, so keepan eye on it.
          Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
          My choice
          Back off

Comment

Originally posted by Koi
            I am not going to explain that and it might take him some time to work out what hes put

But to answer your question yes. The needle does stay at what ever level of fuel you have in the tank when the ignition is switched off. Also when I fill mine right up it stays at the full mark until I have done around 50miles then starts to move, you may also find that as it gets to the last 1/4 of a tank it seems to drop quicker than the first 1/4, so keepan eye on it.
            Woooo thats what i said, i thought
            Pops

Comment

Well I hope it starts to move soon Koi I will watch it tonight Cheers... By the way just wanted to add this has to be THE BEST forum I have ever used and I have had a few cars before this and this is the best .......

Thanks people

Comment

Driven a 4Runner, and 2 surfs, all get 30-40ish miles before the guage moves much, makes you feel good, then it plummets towards the big E once past the 3/4 mark.
                4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
                X