revesing light wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• revesing light wiring

Hi all,, just bought this on ebay item number 200065151174 looks good but after reading a lot about wiring on this forum am i right in saying the earth is the switchable wire ie if i wanted to wire it up so as when i hit reverse the camera and screen becomes live i have to have a positive feed probably from the ignition and the earth would cut into the reversing light circuit, if you get what i mean, i think i have confused myself, any help would be greatly appreciated..
    Cheers Jer...

Originally posted by jercarnevale
    Hi all,, just bought this on ebay item number 200065151174 looks good but after reading a lot about wiring on this forum am i right in saying the earth is the switchable wire ie if i wanted to wire it up so as when i hit reverse the camera and screen becomes live i have to have a positive feed probably from the ignition and the earth would cut into the reversing light circuit, if you get what i mean, i think i have confused myself, any help would be greatly appreciated..
    assuming it is neg switched...all you have to do is take a live feed from the battery (via a fuse) to a 12v relay (conect it to one coil terminial..then take a feed from the reversing light conect it to the second coil terminal

so when you put it in reverse..the relay switches....you with me so far?

then all you have to do is common off the terminal on the relay where you conected the battery to the relay common...then take the normally open contact to feed the camera....

basically...its really simple..and to be honest..you would want to feed he cam via a relay anyway..so it doesnt really matter that its neg switched...

if your not sure...i can draw a quick diagram...

HTH

S
    sparkz
    http://www.elite4x4.co.uk/

Comment

thanks, without sounding dumb could you do a diagram as i am better at seeing what has to be done than explaining!

i forgot about a relay,

Thanks
      Cheers Jer...

Comment

thanks, without sounding dumb could you do a diagram as i am better at seeing what has to be done than explaining!

i forgot about a relay,

Thanks

here ya go...

hope this helps...

S
        sparkz

Comment

yeh so easy, thats my weekend job then, fix the h/r/w, install the camera whilst its all apart and anything else i can play with.

thanks for your help

i hope i can help you with anything at anytime, i am a windscreen fitter by the way, doing it 20years but still dont know it all, but what liitle i know may help....
          Cheers Jer...

Comment

yeh so easy, thats my weekend job then, fix the h/r/w, install the camera whilst its all apart and anything else i can play with.

thanks for your help

i hope i can help you with anything at anytime, i am a windscreen fitter by the way, doing it 20years but still dont know it all, but what liitle i know may help....
            nice one matey..apriciate the offer

good luck with it all
            sparkz

Comment

Originally posted by sparkz
              nice one matey..apriciate the offer

good luck with it all

just had a look at the item myself....

i noticed the video cable legnth is only 146 CM...so you might end up having extend the cable....

looks good for the money tho...let me know how you get on...might get one for my pickup..as when its got anything in the back..its hard to judge when reversing...

S
              sparkz

Comment

Working...
              X