How do I get the Front side light out of my LN130

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I get the Front side light out of my LN130

I've trawled the group, but not really found what I need. I have a dodgy front RH side light. It works if I tap the light. I would like to get at the back to check the bulb/connections.
    I've read about the 'rear access' after removing the battery/water bottle, but I can see two cross head screws on the outside of the lens (on the rearmost edge). Can I just remove these easily, and pull the lamp unit straight forwards and get at it that way, or do those screws just hold the lens on in some way.
    I'd rather not take the battery out if this way makes it a 5 minute job.

Cheers... Rob.
    Red to Red, Black to Black, Blue to bits!

Originally posted by ro80rob
    I've trawled the group, but not really found what I need. I have a dodgy front RH side light. It works if I tap the light. I would like to get at the back to check the bulb/connections.
    I've read about the 'rear access' after removing the battery/water bottle, but I can see two cross head screws on the outside of the lens (on the rearmost edge). Can I just remove these easily, and pull the lamp unit straight forwards and get at it that way, or do those screws just hold the lens on in some way.
    I'd rather not take the battery out if this way makes it a 5 minute job.

Cheers... Rob.
    yup undo the screws and pull it gently forward
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Battery out is only for the headlights, and even then it's not as traumatic as it sounds.

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
        yup undo the screws and pull it gently forward
        Then pull a bit harder, finally insert screwdriver wrapped in a rag between back of light and wing and twist!

(Thats how the last one went....)

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
        X