Keyfob Probs....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keyfob Probs....

No problems after two and a half years of daily use, thanks in part to all of you on here, with all the advice shared. I've stuck my oar in if I thought it would help, now I need something specific.
    Last weekend unlocked from the fob, drove for an hour, stopped, would not lock from fob. Thought to myself *****cheap battery on ebay!! Bought new battery, changed, no joy.
    Am I missing something? This has happened before when I first had it and I just changed the fob battery. Is there some sequence to re-assign the fob or do I just accept that it has failed and use the key? The central locking is OK so it must be the Tx in the key or the Rx in the Surf, wherever that is.
    I'm reasonably electrically competent so if anyone has any test ideas I'll be greatful!!
    Yes! It's still in the garage. M1ROD

Not knowing your fob, does it have an LED indicating thats its working, I would guess from experience these things get sat on/dropped/abused, it could have an intermittant connection, cracks on the fob's circuit board, tired switch on fob etc...

Back in the day Baby

Comment

Originally posted by Vultch
      Not knowing your fob, does it have an LED indicating thats its working, I would guess from experience these things get sat on/dropped/abused, it could have an intermittant connection, cracks on the fob's circuit board, tired switch on fob etc...

Agreed. If it's transmitting the un-lock signal but not the lock, then there must be a dry joint or bad contact on the lock button on the fob.

Comment

Thanks for concern Vulch. 1993 3.0 no LED on fob and the innards are sealed, only the aperture for the battery is visible inside the case. There are two buttons, round and green (lock) oval and grey (unlock). I am not aware that the fob took a traumatic shock but I suppose anything is possible.

Comment

Thanks Bushwacker but it is not sending any signals as far as I know. I can't hear the relay/actuator like I used to. I am a radio ham but can't detect a frequency, but I might be looking at the wrong part of the spectrum! Any idea where the Rx is in the vehicle?

Comment

The door control relay box is behind the lower dash, behind the speaker on the drivers side.

Comment

Many thanks Vince, I'll have a look, perhaps I can isolate the Rx and work-out some tests.

Comment

Working...
              X