Interior Light Not Working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior Light Not Working

Can someone help? The interior light of my 95 SSR-G does not work when the doors are opened, even though the door warning lights are on. The light operates if switched to on constant position, off in mid position, then nothing in auto position. Its annoying in these dark months.

Originally posted by Matt Ellis
    Can someone help? The interior light of my 95 SSR-G does not work when the doors are opened, even though the door warning lights are on. The light operates if switched to on constant position, off in mid position, then nothing in auto position. Its annoying in these dark months.
    Gonna ask the obvious, has the bulb gone ?
    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

The light operates if switched to on constant position

Comment

You need to remove the fitting and check that the switch is making a connection on the tracks on the back of the fitting, if its not, you may need to solder something onto the switch so that it makes a good contact. I had the same problem in my '92 SSR-G but for the rear passengers. I actually ended up drilling a hole through the track and the fitting and putting a small nut and bolt where the switch touches the track...Make any sense?
        When the going gets tough...The Surf gets going!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ninja_king
          Make any sense?
          Yup, I've fixed a couple like this.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Glad I wasn't talking a load of rubbish then

Comment

You need to remove the fitting and check that the switch is making a connection on the tracks on the back of the fitting, if its not, you may need to solder something onto the switch so that it makes a good contact. I had the same problem in my '92 SSR-G but for the rear passengers. I actually ended up drilling a hole through the track and the fitting and putting a small nut and bolt where the switch touches the track...Make any sense?
              Thanks, makes a load of sense will look at this on weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Ellis
                Thanks, makes a load of sense will look at this on weekend.
                Let me know how u get on

Comment

Let me know how u get on
                  Hi, just got around to looking at it. Found that there are 2 connections on the back, 1 for doors open input , the other for light on constatnt position. The complete connection for doors open was missing (like a flat metal bar thats rivetted to courtesy light contact). Just replaced with a wire & self tapper, job done. Cheers.

Comment

Working...
                  X