Open Door Warning Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open Door Warning Light

Well, I am a convert. Got my first Surf a couple of weeks ago and you can't get me out of it now. I want some snow to get the 4x4 mode going!

Wonering if you fine folks can help me. I am having a problem with the Open Door Warning Light. When I am driving along it tells me that a door is not shut properly (trust me they are). However, when I am loading up the car and the engine is off, the light is off and duely comes on when I open any door and then goes off again once it is closed.

Any ideas. Not causing any particular problem other than annoyance while driving and of course that doubt in my mind that maybe there is actually a door loose.

Thanks.
    Last edited by The Heed; 20 December 2006, 13:08. Reason: Can't spell "Warning" correctly

Originally posted by The Heed
    Well, I am a convert. Got my first Surf a couple of weeks ago and you can't get me out of it now. I want some snow to get the 4x4 mode going!

Wonering if you fine folks can help me. I am having a problem with the Open Door Warning Light. When I am driving along it tells me that a door is not shut properly (trust me they are). However, when I am loading up the car and the engine is off, the light is off and duely comes on when I open any door and then goes off again once it is closed.

Any ideas. Not causing any particular problem other than annoyance while driving and of course that doubt in my mind that maybe there is actually a door loose.

Thanks.

If you have a spare tyre/wheel on the tailgate, make sure it's latched properly. You may need to slam it shut...(not too much!)

Comment

Double click when the rear spare latches home - single click the light comes on. I was too gentle when I first had mine!!
      Yes! It's still in the garage. M1ROD

Comment

Troper is a genius!!

Trooper,

What can I say? That appears to be exactly what has been wrong. To careful. It is a problem no more.

You may get an MBE or something for an answer like that.

Thanks

Alex

ALL HAIL THE TROOPER!!

21 gun salute

Comment

Working...
        X