spot light help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spot light help

i fitted my spots and followed the wiring diagram vince supplied, i took the feed from the headlight green with red stripe. all works well except when i release main beam to go back to headlights the spots stay on. i have to turn my lights off fully to get them to turn off. ANY IDEAS ???

PS - i didnt run a switch into the cab

are you sure you have wired them to the main beam not the dip beam and have you put a relay in the circuit to take some of the load off the switch hope this is of some help to you
    cheers shaun
    NO LONGER A SURFER NOW DRIVING A LEXUS

Comment

Originally posted by internetsurfer
      i fitted my spots and followed the wiring diagram vince supplied, i took the feed from the headlight green with red stripe. all works well except when i release main beam to go back to headlights the spots stay on. i have to turn my lights off fully to get them to turn off. ANY IDEAS ???

PS - i didnt run a switch into the cab
      I think you'll find the headlight wiring is positive common with negative switching for high low beam.
      Sometimes a relay can be too sensative and hold in as it picks up the voltage running through the bulb but when you turn off the lights it kills the common positive to the headlights, which then kills the power to the relay totally, allowing it to cancel.
      It is also a good idea to run a switch to the dash between the high beam pick up wire and the relay
      Last edited by Wild Thing; 10 December 2006, 16:09.
      If it aint broke dont fix it

Comment

fitted a switch today , it now works fine , i maybe will link into the headlight side though rather than main beam .

Comment

Originally posted by internetsurfer
          fitted a switch today , it now works fine , i maybe will link into the headlight side though rather than main beam .
          I believe that to be legit they should only come on with the main beam.
          Laugh!!! I nearly bought my own beer.

Paul

Comment

i'll only use them at night on the beach fishing , i can turn them off still, if on a switch .

Comment

Working...
            X