Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken wires on back of speedo in dash

Hi,

My speedo isn't working. I've tried all the suggestions found on this board and have removed the dash, cleaned all the connections to the plugs, the plug pins themselves and have even removed the speedo unit (6 screws) and looked for broken wires.

A couple of posts have mentioned that "one or both of two small wires may be broken', 'too small to solder' and possible 'actually connecting the unit to the dash'.

I can't find any small wires? Other than the 6 screws which connect from the copper pads on the flexible printed sheet to contacts beneath the speedo hard PCB I can't locate anything else that may be loose.

Any advice on where I should be looking?

Cheers,

Dan
    Dan

faulty speedo

hi there dan i had the same fault on my surf electronic speedo. I removed the six screws from the speedo to get at the back, where the printed circuit board is. I tested across the printed circuit with a mutli meter for continuity between components. I found there was a break in the printed circuit underneath the green resin, I had to s$$$$ the green resin off before I found the fault. Once I had done that it was apparent there was a break in the circuit. I couldn't repair the print due to board corriding so i couldn't solder between the break. I had to bridge the break with a small piece of wire, which brought my speedo back into play. Hope these few threads help you.

sparks
    surf 3lt svr ltd

Comment

Worth a try

Hi Sparks,

Been away for a while. Just seen your reply to my post. That sounds promising. I'll have a go this weekend and tell you how it went.

There seems to be loads of people on here with the same problem. You're one of the first to have actually found a cause.

Cheers,

Dan
      Dan

Comment

Working...
      X