rear speaker connections to rad cass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear speaker connections to rad cass

hey guys i need help with this if you can recently bought a 94.ssrv surf it has a local (uk) radio fitted but only the front speakers work have had set out to no avail even stripped out rear speaker boxes to find colour codes on wires wich ofcourse dont corrispond to the wires at the set end grrrrrrrrrr tried a few combinations but no good set has benn fitted by real butcher all wires choppe so no original multi plugs any ideas as i dont want to loose orriginal speakers as they look quite respectable cheers
    [IMG]http://C:\Documents and Settings\Ian\My Documents[/IMG]

Originally posted by sychowand
    hey guys i need help with this if you can recently bought a 94.ssrv surf it has a local (uk) radio fitted but only the front speakers work have had set out to no avail even stripped out rear speaker boxes to find colour codes on wires wich ofcourse dont corrispond to the wires at the set end grrrrrrrrrr tried a few combinations but no good set has benn fitted by real butcher all wires choppe so no original multi plugs any ideas as i dont want to loose orriginal speakers as they look quite respectable cheers
    this might help you http://www.installdoctor.com/TechDocs.html
    [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
    [size=5][/size]
    [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

thanks

thanks for the thought i tried that link but it didnt help i think i need someone whos had the same problem

Comment

The rear speakers are amplified, so if the butcher hasnt connected up the amp to the amp power cable on the stereo you aint gonna get nought. Dont know which colour the amp wire is I'm afraid and as helpful as we all are I cant see anyone taking theres out to have a look.
        Objects in the rear view mirror are losing

Comment

cheers

cheers high surfer thats given me food for thought now i know they are active ill play about with it some more ...(so may be a very cheap radio for sale on here soon) lol

Comment

The rear speakers are amplified

Not always - it depends on the truck & the original equipment that was fitted. The fronts are 4" @ 4Ohms and the rears are 5.25" @ 2Ohms plus a 2" Tweeter in the roof right at the back. If you can find out & write down all the codes on the cables you have got we should be able to ID the routes/origins
            Steve
            NO WORRIES!
            Rusty

Comment

I stand corrected I thought all the surfs had amped rears. You learn something new every day.

Ian
              Objects in the rear view mirror are losing

Comment

Originally posted by sychowand
                This might help
                WIRING CONFIGURATIONS
                YELLOW - PERMANENT LIVE
                RED - ACC (SWITCHED LIVE)
                BLACK - EARTH
                ORANGE - ILLUMINATION
                BLUE - ELECTRIC AERIAL FEED
                WHITE/WHITE BLACK - FRONT LEFT SPEAKER CONNECTIONS
                GREY/GREY BLACK - FRONT RIGHT SPEAKER CONNECTIONS
                GREEN/GREEN BLACK - REAR LEFT SPEAKER CONNECTIONS
                PURPLE/PURPLE BLACK - REAR RIGHT SPEAKER CONNECTIONS

Keith
                I never ever apologise for anything. http://www.onestopshopformultimedia.com/smile.gif If you dont like it I am sorry but thats the way I am

Comment

Originally posted by rusty
                  The rear speakers are amplified

Not always - it depends on the truck & the original equipment that was fitted. The fronts are 4" @ 4Ohms and the rears are 5.25" @ 2Ohms plus a 2" Tweeter in the roof right at the back. If you can find out & write down all the codes on the cables you have got we should be able to ID the routes/origins
                  Steve
                  mine has an onboard amp [ssr-g] located behind the radio and the tweeters in the rear & also in the front doors, my mates [ssr-x] doesent have one fitted
                  [size=5][/size]
                  [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

Mine has active circuitry in the rear boxes - presumably and amp, however it must be powered by the speaker lines as there is no additional wire for power.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by lucky
                      Mine has active circuitry in the rear boxes - presumably and amp, however it must be powered by the speaker lines as there is no additional wire for power.

Cheers
                      Yes it is. Even if you take away the amp behind the radio the system should still work with a good H/U. The mini amp is about 30 WRMS
                      NO WORRIES!
                      Rusty

Comment

How very confusing this all is.
                        I have just installed a new Pioneer mp3 h/u and my rear spks do not work either, having put the dash back together without checking it out first. (dumbass) Anyway, I've taken it all apart again as i have installed one of thoe stick on ariels from halfrauds (not bad actually) behind the rear view mirror as I couldn't be bothered with the agro of replacing the electric motor. Now, the adaptor block for the Surf only has two pins/cables for the rear speakers, but the original Surf block has three, so I am assuming that the third one is for power to the Powered speakers, or maybe it will work without the power but the pins in the adaptor block are not in the right place to do this and need to be moved to make connection to the left/right on the original block? If this is not the case then its not going to work as my stereo does not have a speaker power out like the Jap one (also Pioneer but a lot older Carrozia) that I have just taken out. Do I have to replace the rear speakers with something passive or is there a way to power them up? Anyone got the answer or do I just have to stick with the fronts only. This would be a real bummer as although my new stereo is the nuts,( nine hours of music on 1 cd) the full sound from all the speakers was great.

Sorry about the novel
                        Steve

Comment

I fitted a single din unit pioneer cd/tuner last year i bought the toyota terminal block for the stereo using the original wiring my radio works on all the speakers but the cd only plays out of the front speakers why ?
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                          (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
                            I fitted a single din unit pioneer cd/tuner last year i bought the toyota terminal block for the stereo using the original wiring my radio works on all the speakers but the cd only plays out of the front speakers why ?
                            are you saying that the radio plays from the front & rear
                            [size=5][/size]

Comment

IAN {are you saying that the radio plays from the front & rear{
                              YES !
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                              (")_(")

Comment

Working...
                              X