yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Electric Ariel/Rear Speakers wiring (newbie)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electric Ariel/Rear Speakers wiring (newbie)

Hey ppl,
    I am now one of you guys, went over to the mainland and bagged me a surf (1992 2.4 SSRG) - cheers for all the help from the guys who answered my questions about what to look out for.

Anyway, got it back to Jersey and looking around it to make sure nothing's bodged, and everything seems to be working.
    Apart from the power ariel and the rear speakers. Now i've done a search about this and i know the rear speakers are powered by amps which get their feed from the 'remote system on' line from the stereo (same as the electric ariel). The speakers/amps are there and i've tried to trace back the cables but no luck. The previous owner had a seperate sub/amp in the back and (i think) disconnected this cable to supply the 'on/off' command to the new amp.

But i can't make head or tail of the wires. Any idea what the standard colours on the Toyota connector are? Any labels i should look out for? Any other fuses i can check (inline ones)?

Oh and the head unit isn't standard - single DIN Pioneer CD unit.

Thanks for any help dudes,

Qball

Originally posted by JsyQball
    Any idea what the standard colours on the Toyota connector are?
    http://www.installdr.com/

Nev

Comment

Hey ppl,
      I am now one of you guys, went over to the mainland and bagged me a surf (1992 2.4 SSRG) - cheers for all the help from the guys who answered my questions about what to look out for.

Anyway, got it back to Jersey and looking around it to make sure nothing's bodged, and everything seems to be working.
      Apart from the power ariel and the rear speakers. Now i've done a search about this and i know the rear speakers are powered by amps which get their feed from the 'remote system on' line from the stereo (same as the electric ariel). The speakers/amps are there and i've tried to trace back the cables but no luck. The previous owner had a seperate sub/amp in the back and (i think) disconnected this cable to supply the 'on/off' command to the new amp.

But i can't make head or tail of the wires. Any idea what the standard colours on the Toyota connector are? Any labels i should look out for? Any other fuses i can check (inline ones)?

Oh and the head unit isn't standard - single DIN Pioneer CD unit.

Thanks for any help dudes,

Qball
      If you remove the head unit check the adapter loom, make sure the blue and blue and white stripe wire are joined as this powers the aerial and rear speaker amp
      If it aint broke dont fix it

Comment

Cheers dudes, will check it out later on today.

-Qball

Comment

Ok i've connected those wires (they were hanging loose) so now the power ariel works. But still no sound from the back speakers. What are the default colours for the +/- for the rears?

(any other ideas would be greatly appreciated)

Oh an btw, the head unit is standard and has the rear speaker outputs activated just incase anyone was going to suggest that.

Cheers

Q

Comment

The rear speakers have thier own amps behind the side panels, next to the cubby holes if that helps?

Wire colours here....http://www.installdr.com/Harnesses/Toyota-Wiring.pdf

Comment

Hi Bushwhacker,

Cheers but i've already discovered them! I also know that these get their power from the remote-on cable from the headunit, but i was wondering if there is anything else between these amps and the head unit (i.e. fuses). Oh and does anyone know if the cable splits to 2 and goes to each amp, or whether it goes to 1 amp first and then the 2nd one?

Cheers

Q

Comment

Still haven't managed to get the rear speakers to work. I've now got all the relevent wires plugged into the headunit, got the electric ariel going up and down but still no life from the speakers. Also made sure it's not the headunit sending the signal to just the fronts, so i know it's not that.

Any ideas ppl?

-Q

Comment

have you got a permenant/ignition live to the amps,
                  www.overfab.uk

Comment

Errr.... good question....
                    I've checked that the plugs are in but haven't checked that they are getting power. This a job for the multi-meter or is there an indicator on the amps showing that they have power (led or something)?

-Q

Comment

Errr.... good question....
                      I've checked that the plugs are in but haven't checked that they are getting power. This a job for the multi-meter or is there an indicator on the amps showing that they have power (led or something)?

-Q
                      theres no idicator on the amp,but you should be able to use a circuit tester,or multimeter.on most amps you should have a permenant/ignition feed.i.e when the key is turned in the ignition. and a remote feed.i.e when the head unit is turned on and off.hope this helps
                      Last edited by surfenstein; 28 October 2006, 10:46.
                      www.overfab.uk

Comment

Cheers Vatchman,

will check it out soon, when i've got a few free mins!

-Q

Comment

Working...
                        X