Head lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Head lights

Can anyone tell me how to change a headlight bulb on a 1991 surf please.

Originally posted by rats
    got to get behind the light, which means moving battery, i haven't been unfortunate enough to lose a bulb yet, so i aint tried it, but i read somewhere, i could be wrong.
    [COLOR=red]Simon [/COLOR] '91 2.4td ssr-x

Comment

Originally posted by rats
      Undo the battery retaining arm and slide the battery back a little, 1 bolt holds the overflow bottle in place, undo that and lift the bottle up, you will see the back of the headlight then.
      If you have twin batteries then do the same on the other side with the wash bottle.
      No need to undo the batteries as they will move backward far enough to access the headlamps.
      Replaced both of mine today with brighter lights
      Cheers
      Keith
      I never ever apologise for anything. http://www.onestopshopformultimedia.com/smile.gif If you dont like it I am sorry but thats the way I am

Comment

Originally posted by hormygollop
        Undo the battery retaining arm and slide the battery back a little, 1 bolt holds the overflow bottle in place, undo that and lift the bottle up, you will see the back of the headlight then.
        If you have twin batteries then do the same on the other side with the wash bottle.
        No need to undo the batteries as they will move backward far enough to access the headlamps.
        Cheers
        Keith
        On mine you also have to remove the air intake pipe from the passenger side behind the headlight to get at the lamp. It makes it easier to take out that battery but as Keith said the Drivers side doesn't need to come out, just slide back.

Cheers

Comment

You can find a detailed description of how to change '91 headlights, amongst other great bits of knowledge on...
          http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/wor...headlights.htm

I've done a few bit's and pieces on my '92 and even though there a re some differences between the Gen I and Gen II you get the idea!

Rob
          Rob

'92 2.4TD SSR-X AUTO
          --------------------------------------------------------------------
          "You Sir are drunk!"
          "Ahh yes Madam, but you are ugly and in the morning I shall be sober."
          --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by hormygollop
            Cheers
            Keith
            Is the sidelight on a 96 Surf the same idea?