Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring up Spot Lights????

Hi,

I want to wire up a set of spot lamps for my 2.4TD Surf(Yes had the head go and had it changed LOL). The lamps are already attached to the bull bars (2 on top 2 on the bottom). Now i have had a look a preivous threads to see if i can find what i'm looking for but i can't.

What i would like to be able have the spot lights on when i have main beam on but also to be able to have main beam on it own on. I have 110w bulbs in the bottom set of spots and 55w bulbs in the top set, now i have got a couple of 40amp relays and 30amp cable, but need a bit of help on what goes where.

Plus also the spot lights have 3 wires so that totally confused me. I need to try and get them sorted by the weekend.

Cheers

Simon
    Simon Rogers
    Novice Surf-er

Hi Simon, would this help?....

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
      I printed that off but it only shows 2 wires coming from the spots and mine have 3 wires coming off them.
      Simon Rogers
      Novice Surf-er

Comment

Originally posted by simsurf
        I printed that off but it only shows 2 wires coming from the spots and mine have 3 wires coming off them.
        Do they have dip beams too

Or do they have either "Angel" eyes or LEDS within ?

Trev
        Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

You probably have high and low beams in the spots.
          High beam.
          Dipped beam.
          Earth.

You could just use the high beam and the earth wires.

The high beam wire on your truck is the thin green one with a red tracer.

Comment

You probably have high and low beams in the spots.
            High beam.
            Dipped beam.
            Earth.

You could just use the high beam and the earth wires.
            I see right sorted, so if I leave the dipped beam wire and follow the above diagram i will be ok. Can the switch in the dash go anywhere in the circuit or is it better in a certain place.

Thanks
            Simon Rogers
            Novice Surf-er

Comment

Yep, put the switch where ever you like. I've got mine under the idle up and hard/normal switches.

Comment

right time to go and finish them off.

Thanks for your help.
                Simon Rogers
                Novice Surf-er

Comment

Right all sorted, got them working perfectly now,

thanks for the help.
                  Simon Rogers
                  Novice Surf-er

Comment

Bushwhacker... the Obi Wan of the Surf world ..hOW DO YOU GET THE WIRING INTO THE TRUCK FROM A ROOF MOUNTED SPOT BOX ! like the one on the 'Bling' thread ??????????
                    Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

If it's any help i run the wireing thouugh mine inside some flexi convaluted pipeing and end treminals from vehicle wireing products, there water proof but i put a smear of black silicon round the ends of the tubeing before i tightened em up, No leaks!!
                      http://www.vehicle-wiring-products.co.uk/
                      just a thought but they only sell it by the metre, if you only wand a few inches i got some you can have, dont know if i got any terminal ends left but if i have you can have em as well, Pm me if you need em with address etc Ian
                      Last edited by POPEYE; 6 September 2006, 18:10.
                      Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Thanx Ian, but as you have already guessed I am a complete numpty on DIY on trucks(at least with sheds and greenhouses you can patch and bang another nail in !) I'm still confused as to how you get the wiring from the box on the roof down to under the bonnet to the rest of the maze of bits called electrics! It looks like I will have to bite the bullet and go to an auto electrician

Comment

With mine, I just taped the wires, (two, one for each pair of lights, the earth wire is bolted to the light bar which is earthed to the roof) neatly together so that they lie flat and passed under the door seal and down the inside of the windscreen pillar cover, through a hole next to the brake servo unit.
                          Last edited by BUSHWHACKER; 7 September 2006, 20:32.

Comment

Cheers Obi Wan of the Surf Kingdom, but only being a mere novice I think it would be safer to employ an expert

Comment

Working...
                            X