Fixing the rear door keyswitch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fixing the rear door keyswitch

Now to the next problem, my rear window doesn't go down on the keyswitch, just up. I've had the card and lining off and have diagnosed that it's definitely a fault at the switch, not a break in the wires further along.

What's confusing me is that;
    1 The barrel of the switch is moving OK
    2 When I take the electrical bit off the barrel and rotate the plastic cap bit with a pair of pliers the window moves every time.
    3 If I put it back onto the barrel and push down on the back of the electrical part of the switch whilst turning the key, it works. But it doesn't need any pressure applied when it's off the barrel to work properly.

So, has anyone managed to actually fix one of these and if so how? Or maybe it's just a case of ordering one from a dealer (after years of crawling around s$$$$pies I've had enough if I can avoid it).

Thanks again.

you lucky, lucky lucky,,,########! i have here a spare electric bit off the back of the switch! pm your address, i'll stick it in the post
    it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

No way!! I'm just not that lucky, no wait I am!!!

Many many thanks Chillit, PM on it's way shortly (when I've figured out how to).

Right, now what else can I get you to help me with............

Comment

Working...
      X