Help! Heated Rear Window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! Heated Rear Window

The swith on the dash indicates that it is working but it does not demist. Is the switch mecanical or is something else casuing it not to work, fuse etc? If so where does this fuse live?
    Any pointers would be very much appreciated.

Originally posted by The Hornet
    The swith on the dash indicates that it is working but it does not demist. Is the switch mecanical or is something else casuing it not to work, fuse etc? If so where does this fuse live?
    Any pointers would be very much appreciated.
    there is a fuse box in the drivers side footwell but also check the wires going into the tailgate as they can sometimes break and while your there take the panel off of the tailgate and check inside it aswll
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Great, thanks for your response.

Simon

Comment

Finally got round to checking and the wires were off. Thanks fellas.

Comment

Thanx to this website I found the same problem with mine (broken wires 6" down the sleeve). Now fixed and working great again.
          2.4 LN130 SSRG K Reg

Dropbox - You're invited to join Dropbox! - Online backup, file sync and sharing made easy.
          To use Drop Box today for free click go here https://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NTczNzg1MzQ5

Comment

They know pretty much everything on here. Most useful site and helpful users I have found. They have saved me cash and grief.

Simon

Comment

I got into the tail gate today and found both my HRW wires loose, rattling around at the bottom. They must have snapped of the plugs years ago. I've replaced and re-fitted and ran the RHW for a while without any apparent effect. Is it possible that the fuse has gone? The light comes on on the switch, if that makes any difference.

Before I put the tail gate back together should I try and protect the new connections? In the UK I would have various options, would a lump of vaseline do it?
              Surfin' Swiss Style...

Comment

Anyone

Know just exactly where to lay hands on these errant terminals

Do I need to shut mysef in back of car and close window to best reach them,

or can I see them with tailgate laying open/window down

cheers

Comment

Originally posted by slowdown.harrison@gmail.c
                  Know just exactly where to lay hands on these errant terminals

Do I need to shut mysef in back of car and close window to best reach them,

or can I see them with tailgate laying open/window down

cheers
                  open the tailgate and then lock the catches either side of the tailgate (2 clicks) on each then you can turn the key as if to close the window but you will need someone/something to take the weight of the window.Then take the carpet panel off of the tailgate and the metal panel and then the plastic cover you can then get to all the workings inside the tailgate
                  https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Cheers for that I'll not bother reposting the results (if succesfull)

as most of these enquiries appear to end after this point

Richard

Comment

that'll

Teach me,

Feeling lucky I mended the (predicted) Two core cable laying in door base
                      and harnessed it from flapping about when window operates, and getting pulled off again.

but apparently although its all together again, and the button' is iluminated

despite the screen being covered in cold damp morning dew,
                      it doesn't feel remotely warm to the touch in operation.

Is there a further likely suspect I can look at in the circuit?

Comment

Working...
                      X