Rear passenger window stuck!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear passenger window stuck!

The day after i fixed the rear window the passenger rear window got stuck in a down position! I took the cover (cardboard) off hoping I could at least find a way of releasing the window, pushing it up and then locking it again. However, I wasn't able to find any "release button" (surprise, surprise) and now, after three rainstorms, parking in public places, complaining children (and wife), its time to fix it!. I just want to get it up!!!(oopps)...you know what I mean.. I am not bothered about fixing the electrics right now but just releasing it so that I can push the glass back up. Any suggestions??

Ola (using my wifes login)
    Naomi
    AKA - Mamadwyvin
    www.greenhands.co.uk

If you can slacken off the three bolts facing holding the motor to the mechanism (they are behind the motor with the heads pointing toward the doorskin) you should then be able to sort of push the motor back (towards the doorskin) so that it no longer engages with the toothed part of the mechanism and the window will then lift by lifting the bottom of the curved bit with the teeth on.

Does that make any sense at all??

Comment

Unplug the motor and try two wires from the battery to the motor plug to get the window up again, its unusual for the motor to break, normally its a switch thing on the side windows.

You can try one of the other doors window switches easily as well to see if the switch is foobarred.

The glass may be jammed, the rear windows don't get a lot of use, try pulling the window up while someone presses the switch.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Rear passenger window stuck!

Thanks, I will try these things this weekend.

Regards
        Ola
        Naomi
        AKA - Mamadwyvin
        www.greenhands.co.uk

Comment

Window stuck

Again, thanks for the advice. I replaced the switch with the passenger side rear window switch and HEY PRESTO! it worked.

Regards
          Ola
          Naomi
          AKA - Mamadwyvin
          www.greenhands.co.uk

Comment

Working...
          X