turbo timer help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• turbo timer help

ok i got a hilux and the guy that i got it from had taken the timer out for sum reason but he gave it to me to try wire it up but i cant work out how it works. its a little black box with a switch on the side to turn on and off and on the front theres a switch to select how many minutes for it to stay on eg 1min 5 min and 3 min and theres the kill switch and on light now the problem is the wires theres four a red one a brown one a blue one and a green and yellow striped one all i need to know is where all the wires goto.

thanks.

Originally posted by sonysoundz
    ok i got a hilux and the guy that i got it from had taken the timer out for sum reason but he gave it to me to try wire it up but i cant work out how it works. its a little black box with a switch on the side to turn on and off and on the front theres a switch to select how many minutes for it to stay on eg 1min 5 min and 3 min and theres the kill switch and on light now the problem is the wires theres four a red one a brown one a blue one and a green and yellow striped one all i need to know is where all the wires goto.

thanks.

In truth mate, "the bin"

Some will doubt me, but there is little point in fitting a timer to a hilux.
    Timers are great for diesel turbos that get a lot of hammer but unless you are driving like a mad man and switching off right away then you don't need it.

Fill in your profile please m8.
    I used to have a surf me!

Comment

i use mine when i just come off the motorway, and then only leave it running or 30 seconds. as the surf has an oil cooled turbo, the reason its there is to allow the engine and therefore the oil pump to keep running after you switch off, to allow time for the turbo to slow down with oil pumping round it.

If you dont bother wiring it back in just allow some time for it to slow down before jumping out the car. it is also illegal in this country to leave an engine running on the public road without you behind the wheel.

what truck you got then??? piccys???
      TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

Working...
      X