damn rear window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• damn rear window

hi all i have replaced the rear window control module with a so called working unit off flea bay
    but the key will still not wind up the rear window down not a prob and the switch in the front will do it fine either way help me as i am going mad mad mad i tell you

Originally posted by B3 MWE
    hi all i have replaced the rear window control module with a so called working unit off flea bay
    but the key will still not wind up the rear window down not a prob and the switch in the front will do it fine either way help me as i am going mad mad mad i tell you
    Just fixed the same problem on mine today, only mine wouldn't work either way on the key.
    I removed the panel from the rear door and tested the keyswitch which was ok.
    I then followed the wiring back and found 2 broken wires in the flexible conduit where the cables come out of the base of the door, soldered them together and insulated them with heatshrink and bingo all working ok.
    You may be able to check them without even removing the rear door panel as the conduit is of the split type and is just taped together.
    Laugh!!! I nearly bought my own beer.

Paul

Comment

Yep, very common.

has happened to mine twice.

First up went and I fixed it.

then a year later down went

from memory its the slim green with a red stripe and the slim green with a yellow stripe.

Comment

Originally posted by paulh
        Just fixed the same problem on mine today, only mine wouldn't work either way on the key.
        I removed the panel from the rear door and tested the keyswitch which was ok.
        I then followed the wiring back and found 2 broken wires in the flexible conduit where the cables come out of the base of the door, soldered them together and insulated them with heatshrink and bingo all working ok.
        You may be able to check them without even removing the rear door panel as the conduit is of the split type and is just taped together.
        Ok how do you test the keyswitch as mine goes up with key but not down ?

Comment

Originally posted by shorty
          Ok how do you test the keyswitch as mine goes up with key but not down ?
          You'll find that there is a plug and socket connection about 6" away from the switch Just unplug it and put a meter across set on ohms I think it was the centre pin that was common, touch 1 lead to the common and test across to the other 2 pins while getting someone to operate the key switch.
          You should get a reading of 0 ohms between the common and either of the other 2 pins depending which way the key is turned.
          Hope this helps.
          Laugh!!! I nearly bought my own beer.

Paul

Comment

Working...
          X