https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
      How much is 'oh my god' then?

About 5 years in a Thai jail !

Comment

Rear tailgate - replacement motor

Originally posted by jaky cakes
        Yes! the rear nearside window and offside front (drivers) motor are the same as tailgate. most toyotas use the same motor so go to a scr@p yard and find a corolla or carina etc - about £10.
        Also go to auto store and get some silicon areosol spray and drench all rubber window guides. makes window movement as fast as a guilloteen!!!
        I've got a dodgy tailgate motor. I've cleaned the runners and swapped the N/S rear passenger motor as a stopgap but would like to get a spare for when the inevitable happens. Does anyone know which model of Carina or Corolla I should look for? My Surf's a 1991 SSRX. I tried an 'R' reg Carina E but the motor was a different component.

Comment

Originally posted by Tikkadog
          I've got a dodgy tailgate motor. I've cleaned the runners and swapped the N/S rear passenger motor as a stopgap but would like to get a spare for when the inevitable happens. Does anyone know which model of Carina or Corolla I should look for? My Surf's a 1991 SSRX. I tried an 'R' reg Carina E but the motor was a different component.
          there was a guy near me selling a motor for £50 if i wanted it but its a bit high.
          try for a motor from the same sort of year as the surf
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

i pulled a F reg something or other apart down at the s$$$$yard, and the motors were totally different, So i would suggest anything between 90/91 up to ??? probably around 94/95 so H plate thru to L, unless anyone knows any better.
            =========
            =SOLD UP!=
            =========

Comment

As an emergency measure, you can use the rear passenger door motor, (how often do you use that window) or the passenger front door also.
              Last edited by plumb bob; 14 February 2007, 20:08.
              Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Working...
              X