Aerial Half Way...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aerial Half Way...

Another Aerial question - ~I don't necessarily want to do this, but I saw on a Nissan skyline a 'half way up' aerial button. when the electric aerial is operated the button prevents the aerial from going up all the way and in its other position goes all the way up. Does anyone have any ideas how this works? Is it some special electronics that is seperate to the aerial,or just a different way of wiring it... or a special aerial?
    ======
    Just gotta finish doing the next mod...

Originally posted by andy_enuff
    Another Aerial question - ~I don't necessarily want to do this, but I saw on a Nissan skyline a 'half way up' aerial button. when the electric aerial is operated the button prevents the aerial from going up all the way and in its other position goes all the way up. Does anyone have any ideas how this works? Is it some special electronics that is seperate to the aerial,or just a different way of wiring it... or a special aerial?
    Also fitted to Preludes - my 91 had one.

Trev
    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Guess you have no idea how it worked tho ?
      ======

Comment

I've fitted a on/off switch in the remote feed from the headunit to the aerial, by doing this i can turn the headunit on (with the new switch in the off position) and the aerial stays down. Then u ain't gotta worry about breakin it off-road or at high speed on the motorway.

Doing this only gives you fully up or fully down control, and you get virtually no radio reception with it down, but still means you can listen to CD's without the aerial up.
        =========
        =SOLD UP!=
        =========

Comment

Already got one of those - also works when i'm parked up outside a club and stupid drunk men like to try and play with stuff on the outside of the car
          ======

Comment

you trying to make a self righting mechanism??
            TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

Yeah, need to get one on each side at the front - can also be used like hydraulics on american low riders - altho upside down!
              ======

Comment

Originally posted by andy_enuff

Try checking the attached diagram for the 4-Runner Power Antenna. It may help you decide what to do.
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                X