Door Control Relay Diagram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UPDATE

I got all the wiring straightened out. The SURF's do not have the wiring for the CARJACKING feature 4runner's in the States have. I believe they also lack the wire that alerts the relay the key is in the ignition. This extra feature will unlock the doors automatically if the Drivers door is open and the doors are then locked or you accidentially "push" down the lock when the door is opened.

pins # 9,10,12,13 and either 7 or 14 are not used on 2.4L SURFS.
    These wires if present would go to each door AND #13 would go to the key detection switch located in the steering column. The american 4runner key detection switch completes a 12v circuit whereas the SURF is a switch that completes a ground. This will cause me a problem since the relay wants a positive feed to it when the key is in the ignition. Since I have the surf wiring harness installed in my 4runner, it is a negative (earth) switch. I will run a relay that will trip a positive wire when I have it grounded to the key detection switch. This should work. I have also added the wires to the relay for the ANTI-CARJACKING features and all is normal now.

Most of this will not factor in for you UK guys but I figured if anyone was interested they may get someunderstanding of the relay. If anyone would want this feature on their SURF it can be done pretty easily as long as you can locate the US door control relay, which should not be a problem. This setup only opens the driver door on the first turn of the key, the second turn opens all the doors. If your keys are also left in the ignition you CANNOT lock them in the car. The relay will not allow it!

Cheers!

Frank

Comment

That last feature of not being able to lock the keys in could be handy for some! Someone know has done that several times!

When driving in the USA, I've always found the anti-carjacking thing a bit disturbing when you're just starting moving and there's this loud click as the car locks you all in!
      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
        I've always found the anti-carjacking thing a bit disturbing when you're just starting moving and there's this loud click as the car locks you all in!
        Yeah, I hate that.
        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Dont like those crossroads either when right of way goes to the first person there. Like Russian Roulette with cars
          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Working...
          X