Speakers - again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still reckon this would do it then.

Have you got a little more detail on the speakers...?

What can you squeeze where...?

run the front speakers with a full range signal...

Low pass the rear speakers (off the head unit rear speaker output) with a 275hz low-pass filter... 2.3 mH coil on each positive feed to each rear speaker.
    (http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/crosscalc.asp)

Run the amplified rear speakers with 100hz low-pass filter... 6.3 mH coil on each positive feed to each rear... Halfrauds may have these... if not try New Image Car Audio in North Harrow, ask for Charles, tell him I sent you...

This will give you a full range amplified front speaker setup, lower output rear fill (for ambience), then amplified rear bass to add to the fronts... (and rears)... all directional information should come from the front speakers, with sound enforcement from all the others... (at least at the mid-bass frequencies which car interiors suck out of a sound system.)

101 on crossovers and filters...
    http://www.xtant.com/html/techSuppor...ersFilters.cfm

Comment

So I can run speakers and amp off head unit with no damage then ? Head unit is a JVC 4x25watt .Amp says 200watt , but not sure if RMS or anything . I am stuffed for space in the 1st gen . 6 disc unit will go in rear side compartment , amp I dont know yet but may have to fit in the interior panel in front of disc unit , so no access without trim out to adjust input knobs .
      Would it be worth fitting 330watt speakers to this 4x50watt amp ? Should I just fit the lower watt ones and cut the number down to 4 for ease ? .
      I dont use the Runner much but do want to enjoy 1/2 decent sounds when I do .
      Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Tell me more about the speakers that you have...

and tell me if there are any cross overs built into the amp...?

You mentioned that there is a low output from the head unit... so we could try and work that in...

Comment

What do you have filling up the rear panels?
          ======
          Just gotta finish doing the next mod...

Comment

Originally posted by andy_enuff
            What do you have filling up the rear panels?
            Filler and rust !
            2 side compartments like the 2nd gen but they have no pockets to them , just go straight to the outer skin of the body . I am going to use some deadening material to soften the tinny sound and vibrations .

Comment

Originally posted by AndyLala
              Tell me more about the speakers that you have...

and tell me if there are any cross overs built into the amp...?

You mentioned that there is a low output from the head unit... so we could try and work that in...
              Need to go and get them from the garage later .

Comment

I used 2 wooden block screwed to the inside skin (via holes i had drilled) and fixed a sheet of mdf to those so the outer skin become a layer of wood inside. Then attached things to that
                ======
                Just gotta finish doing the next mod...

Comment

I know you asked about the speakers etc . Can you guys just answer 1 question for me ? Can I run an amp from the low out put on head unit and run speakers off the 4 normal out puts ? Need a quick reply if anyone knows .

Comment

the low output on the head unit is likely to be a sub out. So yes in theory you could connect speaker to the amp outputs. you could use one of those RCA 'y' cables and connect each input on the amp, then connect speakers to each output. You will get whatever the head unit is stuffing out of the low output amplified...

If the speakers can handle the output... you are likley to need a subwoofer... in an enclosure of some description... to control the information...

Comment

got a couple of those wires if you need em
                      Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Talking of speakers, I did some work on my mates BMW M3 the other week, 'cos he was part ex'ing it for a Merc. He wanted me to remove all his I.C.E.
                        He said he didn't want the rear 6X9 speakers (they were only a week old) so I had them for my truck.
                        Fitted them last week-end to the existing wires that come from the rear amps behind the side panels. I removed the front covers to the stock speaker boxes packed some loft insulation in all the gaps behind the side panels, jig-sawed holes where the stock speakers were and fitted these.
                        The sound, particularly the bass is fantastic, people think I have a sub box in the back!
                        Gonna get two more for the front now.......

http://www.motor-world.co.uk/show_prod.php?prod_id=638

Comment

Originally posted by AndyLala
                          the low output on the head unit is likely to be a sub out. So yes in theory you could connect speaker to the amp outputs. you could use one of those RCA 'y' cables and connect each input on the amp, then connect speakers to each output. You will get whatever the head unit is stuffing out of the low output amplified...

If the speakers can handle the output... you are likley to need a subwoofer... in an enclosure of some description... to control the information...

The manual with the head unit says the out puts are for an amp so assume the volume would be controled the same as using the volume on the head unit , so the volume would rise on the low output to amp at the same rate as the normal 4 out puts ? Thats wot I need to work with .

Comment

Originally posted by joker??
                            got a couple of those wires if you need em
                            Cheers for the offer , I have some and spares at present . Thanks again

Comment

Working...
                            X