upgrade to central locking...or not..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• upgrade to central locking...or not..

ok i am starting to feel a bit like a kipper here..
    ad on ebay (hmmmm..) all you need to upgrade to central locking- plugs right in. seems plausible, one loom for all the models etc.. so in i dived.
    big box of bits turns up today, started sorting it out, do the drivers door first. the wires through the flexi bit were badly repaired, but its off a breaker, so i chopped out all the dodgy stuff, repaired it taped it up and in it went. all works manually so run the wires through the door and when they pop out the other side one goes back in where the old bit of loom was, but i have 2 more pugs and nowhere to plug em in! is there a control box that goes above the fuse board? have i been tucked up?
    help!
    it's in me shed, mate.

Originally posted by Chillitt
    ok i am starting to feel a bit like a kipper here..
    ad on ebay (hmmmm..) all you need to upgrade to central locking- plugs right in. seems plausible, one loom for all the models etc.. so in i dived.
    big box of bits turns up today, started sorting it out, do the drivers door first. the wires through the flexi bit were badly repaired, but its off a breaker, so i chopped out all the dodgy stuff, repaired it taped it up and in it went. all works manually so run the wires through the door and when they pop out the other side one goes back in where the old bit of loom was, but i have 2 more pugs and nowhere to plug em in! is there a control box that goes above the fuse board? have i been tucked up?
    help!

I don't know if this will help or not
    Attached Files
    I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

hmm.. door lock relay.... any idea where one of them lives?
      it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

just emailed the seller. he says i should send him a piccy of the 'door control relay' so he can sort it out for me.. er.. any one got one?
        it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Apache just done something like this he describes a black box on drivers side.......
          http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...+control+relay

Comment

apaches post is great! trouble is, the write up and the pictures just skirts round the bit i want...

anyway i just realised my mates just bought a surf! so i'm hoping to whip a couple of bits off his tonite and work out whats missing. not going to steal any bits off his truck. oh no...
            it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

you could try pm'ing apache......by the sounds of it he is a bit of a leccytronics buff

Comment

you are right there! (confuses the wossname out of me..)
                it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

ok took a piccy of ferrets truck. i reckon this is the bit i need. can anyone confirm this is the central locking relay (control box)?

also found he's got some side speaker boxes under his dash. toyota ones fixed to the dash instead of the panel i took off to get at all this. (thanks ferret!)
                  Attached Files
                  it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

been digging around again... the ad on ebay said.. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1
                    he is now saying that doesnt include the relay, but he does have one and i should make him an offer if i want it...
                    the ad is also wrong because there is no loom for the back doors but i can overcome that, i think.. the ad says all in perfect order, but i had to replace half the wires as they go through the bendy tube on the drivers door.

i'm starting to get peeved with this.. what do you lot think i should offer him? at the moment some rude feedback and a suggestion on where to put his relay springs to mind....
                    it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

ok i've just told him to go whistle! anyone breaking a surf got a door control relay for sale?
                      it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

ok i've just told him to go whistle! anyone breaking a surf got a door control relay for sale?
                        I'm sure we could find one when you come to pick the door up

Comment

if i had a trailer i could take it all away..!
                          it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

if i had a trailer i could take it all away..!
                            I can hire you one

Comment

there are 2 on the drive now! i might get in bother for 3....
                              it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Working...
                              X