Sad but sexy switch setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MattF

Nope, but I have finally picked up a beefier pair of SLA's today. Been waiting yonks
    for the original batteries to die so that I had a legitimate excuse for replacing them.
    How much were your's Matt (if you dont mind me asking) I (well , my wife) paid £121 odd the pair from toyota dealer which i did'nt think was too bad, Three year garantee and a little green light thing on em, (charge state),
    Spins over like a top now
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by ian619
      How much were your's Matt (if you dont mind me asking) I (well , my wife) paid £121 odd the pair from toyota dealer which i did'nt think was too bad, Three year garantee and a little green light thing on em, (charge state),
      Spins over like a top now
      £40+VAT each. £94-00 in total for the pair. Got these from the local auto electrical
      geniuses. Not sure what type they are yet. Still packed up in the back of the Surf.
      Started peeing it down when I was going to fit them earlier, so left it 'til tomorrow.
      Been wanting to change them practically since getting the Surf. I know the top up
      types supposedly have a longer life expectancy, but after having so many battery
      trays replaced in previous vehicles, I prefer batts where the acid is sealed in.
      Two year warranty on these ones, so you did nicely getting a three year warranty.

Had a bugger of a time out on calls today. Had to jumpstart the Surf before I could
      set off, then rearrange the order of the calls so that the one furthest away was the
      first one I went to, just to try and get as much charge in the battery as quickly as
      possible. Even then, she was close to not starting up when I came back out.
      These things are sent to test us.

Comment

HeHe yeah! i've been running on one old original and a small serria batt for about 6 months, did quite well concidering, but i had to boost em once a week, something always come up to take the money she was going to buy the batterys with,

Comment

Aye, just when you think of getting something, there's always another bill needs
          paying. See what you meant about the turnover being quicker. The starter
          motor has never turned over this fast from the first day I got her.

Comment

God, I'm sad. Really gonna have to get out more.
            Quick! Somebody please introduce this lad to beer and women before he becomes a physicist!
            Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

I think he`s beyond saving

Call a vet instead
              Im not a gynacologist but ill have a look

Comment

Yup, well past any point of redemption. Just to prove it, I'll post a pic of what
                happened to the glove compartment later.

Comment

Yup, well past any point of redemption. Just to prove it, I'll post a pic of what
                  happened to the glove compartment later.
                  Well come on! what have you done in your glove comp then, if your allowed to post that sort of thing on here

Comment

Originally posted by ian619
                    Well come on! what have you done in your glove comp then, if your allowed to post that sort of thing on here
                    A TOILET CONVERSION maybe
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                    (")_(")

Comment

Sorry Ian, got a tad sidetracked. I'll take a pic tomorrow.

Originally posted by marky
                      A TOILET CONVERSION maybe
                      Nah, it just is $hite, but not for doing it in.

Comment

A nice en suite would be handy, better than a shovel and bog roll

Comment

Can You Get Atlantic 252 On That Lmao
                          ITS GOOD BUT ITS NOT RIGHT ?

Comment

Originally posted by fester
                            Can You Get Atlantic 252 On That Lmao
                            Nope. Scares the cr@p out of the wife though, trying to remember
                            which does what. Far better entertainment.

BTW, I'll make sure I take a pic of that glovebox, as well. Knew I'd forgotten
                            something.

Comment

Been threatening to do it for a while, but here's the pic of what used to be
                              the glovebox.

Comment

And here's a pic of the gauges, (location and mounting idea nicked from Ian ).

Comment

Working...
                                X