Another Aerial fault

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Aerial fault

I've just got the common fault associated with the electric aerial. The motor operates when switching on/off the ignition but the aerial doesn't extend or retract, just get a clicking/grinding noise from the motor.
    I'm pretty sure that it's the plastic belt that has shed a few teeth, but the question is : Do I just need a replacement mast, or do I need the whole unit with the motor attached?
    Cheers
    Trev D.

Originally posted by trevdowle
    I've just got the common fault associated with the electric aerial. The motor operates when switching on/off the ignition but the aerial doesn't extend or retract, just get a clicking/grinding noise from the motor.
    I'm pretty sure that it's the plastic belt that has shed a few teeth, but the question is : Do I just need a replacement mast, or do I need the whole unit with the motor attached?
    Just the mast. You undo the nut on the top of your aerial mount and get someone to switch on the ignition and radio. The mast with the plastic strip will pull out. To fit the new one insert it and get a helper to switch off the ignition and it will feed in. Do up the nut and once more you will enjoy Wogan in the mornings.
    It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
      Just the mast. You undo the nut on the top of your aerial mount and get someone to switch on the ignition and radio. The mast with the plastic strip will pull out. To fit the new one insert it and get a helper to switch off the ignition and it will feed in. Do up the nut and once more you will enjoy Wogan in the mornings.
      Thanks for the prompt reply, but being a mechanical novice I need to ask:

You said get the helper to switch OFF the ignition and it will feed in.....I presume that you meant to say switch ON the ignition?

cheers
      Cheers
      Trev D.

Comment

Originally posted by trevdowle
        You said get the helper to switch OFF the ignition and it will feed in.....I presume that you meant to say switch ON the ignition?

cheers
        No.

Nev

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev
          No.

Nev
          Yep OK. I just worked out why that would be. DUH!
          Cheers
          Trev D.

Comment

So where do you get the mast from? I hate that $$$$$$ noise.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho
              So where do you get the mast from? I hate that $$$$$$ noise.
              I got mine from Milners £25.00 plus VAT and postage. Took 2 days - haven't fitted it yet though!
              Cheers
              Trev D.

Comment

Working...
              X