AAARRRRRGGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!! It ain't just a fuse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AAARRRRRGGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!! It ain't just a fuse

Help if you can please?? Stereo gone, interior/ map reading lights gone, clock gone and also the safety lights on the doors!!! blown three fuses so obviously a dead short, checked inside interior lights and stuff, no apparent problems. What would really be handy is if anyone has a wiring diagram of the circuit for these things above? I can't seem to find one in the diagrams section, I really don't wanna start having to pull EVERYTHING apart to follow the cables if I can help it!!
    Nihil illigitimi carborundum

Our duff fag lighter did this, and quite often a pinched wire when installing a radio will cause similer woes.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

The funny thing is that the fag lighter is still working! Must be different circuit. The stereo has been in almost 2 years but will deffo have to check behind there aswell.

Comment

i blew the same fuse (15 amp) when sorting the stereo out,lost clock ,door lights etc;was worried at first but replaced fuse and no more probs,just wondering what you were messing with before blowing fuse?

Comment

just trace it with a multimeter
          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by bigriver
            i blew the same fuse (15 amp) when sorting the stereo out,lost clock ,door lights etc;was worried at first but replaced fuse and no more probs,just wondering what you were messing with before blowing fuse?
            I put the faceplate on the stereo!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
              just trace it with a multimeter

sounds so simple don't it!!!

After spending all day testing different cables with my mate the auto sparx, (all blue with yellow stripe as we know this is the colour with an issue). Having stripped out the entire f***ing dash we have discovered that there is actually 2 dead shorts!!!!!!!

1 was being caused by the bulb in the safety light in the nearside door! the other is to be discovered tomorrow as we ran out of time!

I'll be testing cables in my sleep!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Got the b*****d!!

Dead short also on the amp/crossover bag of s**t thing rear n/s.

All sorted and back together

WHAT A PAIN IN THE A**E!!!

Comment

Working...
                X